• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Changes

As many of you already know the non-EU retailers (mainly US and Hong Kong) are feeling very threatened by EU retailers and the weak Euro. Out of respect for the manufacturers we have agreed to make some changes. I will in short explain how these changes will affect our business. If you have already placed an order, we will of course honor this price. New policies will NOT affect a placed order.
  1. As a first step we will launch a new Skoaktiebolaget US Store in September– available for US clients only. All prices will be listed in USD. The Skoaktiebolaget US Store will list the final price you will pay – any customs and handling fees are included in the listed price – I want to be very clear in regards of this. We will offer free shipping for any order over $150. In order for us to handle the customs and handling fees for our clients we will have to use FedEx as a courier. I know a lot of you are worried about the customs fees by using FedEx - but as stated above - this will be handled by Skoaktiebolaget.
  2. As a second step we will launch a non-EU store front – the Skoaktiebolaget International Store. The final details in regards of the SkoaktiebolagetInternational Store will be revealed later – not all makers have formalized a policy yet.
  3. The “old” Skoaktiebolaget web store will be available for EU clients only.

Which manufacturers will be affected?
  • Enzo Bonafé - has clearly said that they do not wish to enforce recommended retail prices. They adopt a free pricing policy for the time being.
  • Carmina – I am waiting for Carmina to formalize their US RRP. Most likely the recommended retail price for a pair of Carmina will be around $450-500 USD regardless if it’s through an EU retailer or a local US retailer. It is unclear at this point if an International non-EU policy will follow, but it is highly likely.
  • Edward Green – The US price policy has already kicked in for MTOs - as advertised earlier. Our in-store stock items will see a price increase as soon as we launch our Skoaktiebolaget US Store. For more info in regards of the Edward Green US policy follow this link.
  • Gaziano & Girling – Tony and Dean has a recommended retail price – they have said nothing yet in regards of limitations in the US or elsewhere.
  • Saint Crispin’s – There is a new recommended retail price list for non-EU orders. We have been allowed a grace period until August 31 for MTOs and our ready-to-wear stock will not change prices until the new US and International store fronts are ready in September. For non-EU orders prices will start at about €1235 / $1400 USD for base styles including hollowed shoe trees.

In short - anyone that wants to take advantage of the old pricing in SEK should do so before the end of August.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy **** you are about to get an avalanche of GMTOs. Lots of credit to Skoak to keep us posted.

Speaking of which, anyone still in for that Carmina Rain Chukka in Polo?

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All hail EB! Supporters of free market!

It actually sucks for us international customers as well. Shops in Asia that carry the brands Skoak does has a very high starting price to begin with and they only list prices already with tax/VAT. Since I don't live in these countries Id have to pay for shipping and customs duties on top of the list price. So that VAT, shipping and customs duties on top of the high price. The only way to save on shipping, duties and VAT is to fly to these countries and buy at the brick and mortar stores.

Maybe a trip to Stockholm is in the near future.

Last edited:

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All hail EB! Supporters of free market!

It actually sucks for us international customers as well. Shops in Asia that carry the brands Skoak does has a very high starting price to begin with and they only list prices already with tax/VAT. Since I don't live in these countries Id have to pay for shipping and customs duties on top of the list price. So that VAT, shipping and customs duties on top of the high price. The only way to save on shipping, duties and VAT is to fly to these countries and buy at the brick and mortar stores.

Maybe a trip to Stockholm is in the near future.

HEAR-HEAR! Same boat in Canada. We get fleeced on everything.

We have 2 Carmina retailers as far as I know, one of which is $200 more than INTL pricing (after all taxes are factored), and the other who doesn't have any inventory for 6+ months of the year...

Anyways, lets try not to ***** up this lovely thread .. It is what is it... And I hate that phrase...

For Carmina - I'm down for a casual boot, 973 boot, 905 Chukka, Inca DM, or some sort Adelaide GMTO... Pretty open, and I like suede.

Last edited:

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

HEAR-HEAR!  Same boat in Canada.  We get fleeced on everything.  

We have 2 Carmina retailers as far as I know, one of which is $200 more than INTL pricing (after all taxes are factored), and the other who doesn't have any inventory for 6+ months of the year...   

Anyways, lets try not to ***** up this lovely thread ..   It is what is it... And I hate that phrase...

For Carmina - I'm down for a casual boot, 905 Chukka, Inca DM, or some sort Adelaide GMTO...  Pretty open, and I like suede.
If you're OK with 3 eyelet Rain Id be up for a tobacco suede GMTO via Skoak. @heldentenor is another guy interested in this make up.

bienluienapris

Reaction score
OK, I am moving from Switzerland (non-EU :) to Sweden !!!
Anyway, American always mix Sweden and Switzerland
teacha.gif

dRm0j0

Reaction score
We have until the end of this month before the price changes kick into effect right?

If so, anybody down for black suede penny loafer? Or a Jodhpur of sorts?

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just trying to kop Buffalo DM for now. I don't think I can let these sell out in my size :angry:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics