• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@rydenfan , you killed it! I'm obviously smitten with the Galways but even not being a shoe guy, I'd definitely take a spin in those suede bluchers. They look so comfortable.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we are all grateful for Skoak and their honesty and transparency through the whole process. It's an unfortunate situation from both sides (us and Skoak) but they handled it professionally and that's all we can ask right?

Amen.

Also, from my understanding, the purpose of having affiliate threads isn't just to praise them for when we're all happy. It is also an opportunity for constructive criticism and consumer feedback.

Otherwise the company would not have a realistic pulse on their customers from which they are to draw conclusions upon in case they are interested in improving, which I think a transparent and CS-oriented company like Skoak is. I don't think anybody is indicting Skoak here and we all understand that this is coming from the manufacturer's end.

I'd agree with you if we were discussing an unwelcome change in policy authored by Skoak - by all means praise when praise is due and deliver criticism where appropriate. But this is not Skoak policy. This is EG policy. I see NO BASIS WHATSOEVER for the suggestion that Skoak is fairly subject to any criticism in this case.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For those of us in the US, we were pretty lucky the last couple of years due to the strength in the dollar. This was not going to last forever. Skoak has been tremendous to work with. Moreover, it's not like we have a ton of alternatives here in the US for EG. While I may not like to have to pay $300+ more for the same pair of shoes, if I am going to buy EG, there is no other place I'd rather get them from.

P.S. Glad I was in on the Galway restock from earlier this year.

Skoak and another SF affiliate are my go to businesses for EG and Carmina. Both are outstanding.

Also, very happy submitting my Doak Galway stock pull order.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just in, photos in better lighting later this week. Green is a bit darker in real life as these shots are in direct sunlight. Thanks to Patrik for the inspiration and Gabriel for the great service throughout the process.

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am a steadfast Edward Green fan. They are my dress shoe of choice. However, I have been around long enough to witness numerous policy and strategy changes--some disappointing-- at Green, e.g. dropping bespoke, severing relationships with solid retailers who did not meet volume targets, causing various customer service issues and problems, experiencing delays in deliveries, canceling the ability to submit GMTOs. I could go on.

I really like Leaves and Skoab's ability to deliver excellent customer service and unique makeups and materials from EG (and other makers). To me, this is what differentiates Skoab from other stores and where Skoab's value proposition lies. Yet, the fact that purchasing shoes from Skoab for export to the U.S. yields material price advantages (discounts) is also relevant and excellent. I viewed this price feature as an odd confluence of exchange rates, store policies, and customs/tax regimes. I never expected it to remain favorable indefinitely.

Thus, if changes occur, they're just part of the EG deal. Be patient and measured. Good things come to those who wait, and there will be good opportunities in the future.
I'm still thankful Skoak made Zug Galways and dark oak Willow Dovers a reality for me. That was valuable. Thank you. Keep up the good work.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just in, photos in better lighting later this week. Green is a bit darker in real life as these shots are in direct sunlight. Thanks to Patrik for the inspiration and Gabriel for the great service throughout the process.
Both look great, but I'm Luving the Green!!! Very nice!!!!

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks to Skoak I have Zug galways, Brandy Willow Ullswaters and Kudu Thorpes. Pretty stoked on those materials and makeups

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads