• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Galway Veldtschoen pre-order in Rosewood Country Calf, shearling lined.

We are now taking pre-orders so that clients can book their pair in advance for this special make up. All sizes and widths can be ordered. Delivery is September 2014.
Our version will be made up in the so-called veldtschoen construction and it will be shearling lined. We will use the 64 last and the default width is E (normal width). If you require a different width, please e-mail us and we will arrange for this. We will use a Ridgeway sole for these country boots. The shearling lining is in the vamp and the edges of the shaft only (not the whole shaft).

The deposit is 25% of the full price. The remaining 75% will be billed through PayPal before delivery. Delivery is planned for September 2014. The full price is 8900 SEK (7120 SEK ex VAT for clients outside the EU).

Pre-order now:
http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/colle...r-galway-veldtschoen-in-rosewood-country-calf

Or e-mail us for more info: [email protected]

I really wish you guys chose mahogany country calf for this design, I would be placing deposit right away. I think mahogany country calf is a lot more versatile color than rosewood. Rosewood is really reddish and I would prefer on less rugged sole.
Maybe you should change this order to mahogany country calf and next year do Alderley in rosewood country calf, I would be in for a pair of each.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I really wish you guys chose mahogany country calf for this design, I would be placing deposit right away. I think mahogany country calf is a lot more versatile color than rosewood. Rosewood is really reddish and I would prefer on less rugged sole.
Maybe you should change this order to mahogany country calf and next year do Alderley in rosewood country calf, I would be in for a pair of each.

Rosewood is not that red IMO, especially after some wear. It ages extremely well, we were shown a pair of aged Galways in Rosewood on Pitti and it looked absolutely amazing. That was what really made us decide for the Rosewood CC instead of any other material.

The Galway Veldtschoen in Rosewood CC and shearling lining will be the only Galway we stock this coming fall. There are so many suggestions and thoughts about the Galway and which make up would be "the best", and in the end we will go with what we feel is the best option for our store. You can't win them all.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

We have no plans to restock this version. We are stocking a new version the coming fall: Galway Veldtschoen with shearling lining on the 64 last in Rosewood Country Calf, Ridgeway sole. We will take pre-orders for this model soon.
606 fits close to the 202. The 82 is slightly longer but more narrow.

Thanks, Leaves. I guess I will keep my eye out for the next MTO for this makeup. I'm in for one! Who is with me? haha

itraxx

Reaction score

Order it as a personal MTO then. It ticks me off when people try to influence group MTOs/preorders to their exact specifications. You have to compromise if you don't want to pay the upcharge.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Your makeups are consistently full of win. More a case that you can't please everyone - fact that will never change regardless of the awesomeness of any particular MTO project. My naturally toasty feet make shearling lining of any kind too warm. But this will be a terrific boot for those who want the extra warmth, and I know you will offer plenty of other tempting options for me down the road.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Order it as a personal MTO then. It ticks me off when people try to influence group MTOs/preorders to their exact specifications. You have to compromise if you don't want to pay the upcharge.

While I agree with the majority of this statement, dare I say the reason most people start Group MTOs initially is because they personally have a certain shoe in mind but don't want pay the MTO surcharge. The problem however, lies when a Group MTO is already well set in motion and a newly interested one decides to voice his/her opinion in hopes of swaying the group to change the order.

gusvs

Reaction score

We are now taking pre-orders so that clients can book their pair in advance for this special make up. All sizes and widths can be ordered. Delivery is September 2014.
Our version will be made up in the so-called veldtschoen construction and it will be shearling lined. We will use the 64 last and the default width is E (normal width). If you require a different width, please e-mail us and we will arrange for this. We will use a Ridgeway sole for these country boots. The shearling lining is in the vamp and the edges of the shaft only (not the whole shaft).

The deposit is 25% of the full price. The remaining 75% will be billed through PayPal before delivery. Delivery is planned for September 2014. The full price is 8900 SEK (7120 SEK ex VAT for clients outside the EU).

Pre-order now:
http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/colle...r-galway-veldtschoen-in-rosewood-country-calf

Order placed :slayer:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys know how to get a group MTO going!

Let me know if there is a future GG Sinatra group order in the future :slayer:

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Those are beautiful. I'm seriously tempted. Tips for sizing on that last? 1 down from Brannock in general or .5? Thanks.

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pre-order now:

Hi Leaves,
Excellent Excellent Excellent. When will the pre order period end?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads