Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

These were the hand-burnished grain jumpers that sold out in a few hours the morning they were posted by Skoak.

I gave them their first outing this evening just to confirm fit of the Oscar last - which is good. Slightly narrower and slightly lower instep than my Robert-lasted boots in the same size, but still good. [​IMG]

2. laufer

laufer Senior member

I have a completely opposite experience. My Robert lasted boots are narrower and have lower instep than my Oscar lasted boots.

3. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

+1. They look great, Roger!

4. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

So good RogerP. Love it my man.

I have the Oscar Black Jumpers - do you guys think the Oscar last is too sleek for jeans? I definitely seeing myself wearing them with trousers and such..

5. emidyl

emidyl Senior member

here are mine xed from boots thread. Roger see you found some pants to match up. Looks good.

I'm seriously considering the black jumpers (this was my 1st test with oscar) as well but more for some trousers. These suit casual attire better I feel. WRT sleek, I would think it really depends upon your stature. I'm 5'10" 160 and wear slimmer fit pants so these would work fine. That said if you're a bigger fella and have more contemp trousers they might be on the cusp perhaps but def not a deal breaker one way or the other.

And a big Thank You to @leaves and co. Super fast delivery. 1 week door to door, and bonus of no duties this time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015

6. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

The last is sleek, but the overall design of the boots is quite casual. In black, you can dress those boots up and down almost at will. I'd take them from jeans to sport coat and tie. Pretty damned versatile. Tan grain - less so - definitely more of a casual boot.

7. stevent

stevent Senior member

Great pictures of a beautiful boot! Seriously regretting not ordering myself. And yeah Oscar is probably best last for jumper boot

8. tanbar

tanbar Senior member

Looks like your pair has a bit more burnishing than my pair and a few others. Really like the look, might try to add a bit more to mine. Here's mine that just came in:

[​IMG]

9. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

They do look great. All the more reason to look forward to the new grains late summer. Wish burgundy or navy grain were avail.

10. emidyl

emidyl Senior member

^ thats what's so great with the lighter colour. Take you maybe 30 min or so, have fun. A drink, some tele and saphir.[​IMG]

11. tanbar

tanbar Senior member

Should be interesting, have never done anything along these lines. Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to go about it?

12. dalevy

dalevy Senior member

How is the length compared to the Robert last? I have Robert last bal boots and for my bigger foot, the heel to ball length is just a bit small and I could use just a bit more room for my pinky toe. It's really just a borderline thing, nothing serious. But if I buy a similar boot to the one in your picture, I may size up a half size. I also only wear thin to medium dress socks with my Robert boots, so I may just size up and use thicker socks if I need to.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015

13. Jmm722

Jmm722 Senior member

I was referring to the comment that the next run in August will be a different grain.

Those are beautiful and making me wish I ordered a pair, but I just grabbed some museum calf oxfords and spent my budget.

14. Skoaktiebolaget

Skoaktiebolaget Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Thanks for sharing, Roger! Great picture of the Jumper boots. This batch came out with slight reddish undertones which give the grain a nice depth.

Oscar and Forest have a very similar fit. The Forest could be a hair more generous in fit and with a slightly higher instep. However, we recommend to keep the same size for those two lasts. Soller and Rain is also two lasts with a very similar fit, which is wider and generous than Forest/Oscar. Please e-mail us for further fitting advice, sales@skoab.se

Length of the Robert and Oscar is pretty much the same. However, the Oscar has a more generous rounded toe box while the Robert, with its almond shaped toe box, fits slightly more snug in that area.

15. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

I'm a 9.5B/C US and I was wondering if anyone went tts in the simpson last? Is there enough length or will it crunch your toes?