• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New grain jumper? Hatch? Or just a darker color? The hatch grain jumper's I have seen were beautiful.

These were the hand-burnished grain jumpers that sold out in a few hours the morning they were posted by Skoak.

I gave them their first outing this evening just to confirm fit of the Oscar last - which is good. Slightly narrower and slightly lower instep than my Robert-lasted boots in the same size, but still good.
orig.jpg

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These were the hand-burnished grain jumpers that sold out in a few hours the morning they were posted by Skoak.

I gave them their first outing this evening just to confirm fit of the Oscar last - which is good. Slightly narrower and slightly lower instep than my Robert-lasted boots in the same size, but still good.
orig.jpg

I have a completely opposite experience. My Robert lasted boots are narrower and have lower instep than my Oscar lasted boots.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So good RogerP. Love it my man.

I have the Oscar Black Jumpers - do you guys think the Oscar last is too sleek for jeans? I definitely seeing myself wearing them with trousers and such..

emidyl

Reaction score
here are mine xed from boots thread. Roger see you found some pants to match up. Looks good.

I'm seriously considering the black jumpers (this was my 1st test with oscar) as well but more for some trousers. These suit casual attire better I feel. WRT sleek, I would think it really depends upon your stature. I'm 5'10" 160 and wear slimmer fit pants so these would work fine. That said if you're a bigger fella and have more contemp trousers they might be on the cusp perhaps but def not a deal breaker one way or the other.

And a big Thank You to @leaves and co. Super fast delivery. 1 week door to door, and bonus of no duties this time.

Last edited:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So good RogerP. Love it my man.

I have the Oscar Black Jumpers - do you guys think the Oscar last is too sleek for jeans? I definitely seeing myself wearing them with trousers and such..

The last is sleek, but the overall design of the boots is quite casual. In black, you can dress those boots up and down almost at will. I'd take them from jeans to sport coat and tie. Pretty damned versatile. Tan grain - less so - definitely more of a casual boot.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Carmina grain jumpers have landed. First impression - they r osm. The dark stitching in combination with the grain texture really gives these boots a sense of dimension that photos (including mine) don't really capture. Now I need some fit / pairing recommendations from you good peeps as I plan to rock these right through the summer.
orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg
here are mine xed from boots thread. Roger see you found some pants to match up. Looks good. I'm seriously considering the black jumpers (this was my 1st test with oscar) as well but more for some trousers. These suit casual attire better I feel. WRT sleek, I would think it really depends upon your stature. I'm 5'10" 160 and wear slimmer fit pants so these would work fine. That said if you're a bigger fella and have more contemp trousers they might be on the cusp perhaps but def not a deal breaker one way or the other. And a big Thank You to @leaves and co. Super fast delivery. 1 week door to door, and bonus of no duties this time.
The last is sleek, but the overall design of the boots is quite casual. In black, you can dress those boots up and down almost at will. I'd take them from jeans to sport coat and tie. Pretty damned versatile. Tan grain - less so - definitely more of a casual boot.
Great pictures of a beautiful boot! Seriously regretting not ordering myself. And yeah Oscar is probably best last for jumper boot

tanbar

Reaction score
here are mine xed from boots thread. Roger see you found some pants to match up. Looks good.

I'm seriously considering the black jumpers (this was my 1st test with oscar) as well but more for some trousers. These suit casual attire better I feel. WRT sleek, I would think it really depends upon your stature. I'm 5'10" 160 and wear slimmer fit pants so these would work fine. That said if you're a bigger fella and have more contemp trousers they might be on the cusp perhaps but def not a deal breaker one way or the other.

And a big Thank You to @leaves and co. Super fast delivery. 1 week door to door, and bonus of no duties this time.

Looks like your pair has a bit more burnishing than my pair and a few others. Really like the look, might try to add a bit more to mine. Here's mine that just came in:

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They do look great. All the more reason to look forward to the new grains late summer. Wish burgundy or navy grain were avail.

emidyl

Reaction score
^ thats what's so great with the lighter colour. Take you maybe 30 min or so, have fun. A drink, some tele and saphir.
fing02[1].gif

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

orig.jpg

How is the length compared to the Robert last? I have Robert last bal boots and for my bigger foot, the heel to ball length is just a bit small and I could use just a bit more room for my pinky toe. It's really just a borderline thing, nothing serious. But if I buy a similar boot to the one in your picture, I may size up a half size. I also only wear thin to medium dress socks with my Robert boots, so I may just size up and use thicker socks if I need to.

Last edited:

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

orig.jpg

I was referring to the comment that the next run in August will be a different grain.

Those are beautiful and making me wish I ordered a pair, but I just grabbed some museum calf oxfords and spent my budget.

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Carmina grain jumpers have landed. First impression - they r osm. The dark stitching in combination with the grain texture really gives these boots a sense of dimension that photos (including mine) don't really capture.

Now I need some fit / pairing recommendations from you good peeps as I plan to rock these right through the summer.

orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg
Thanks for sharing, Roger! Great picture of the Jumper boots. This batch came out with slight reddish undertones which give the grain a nice depth.

Bumping an earlier question:

For those who wear Forest/Rain in same size and Simpson 0.5 up, how does the Oscar and Soller compare for fit in same size as Forest/Rain?
Oscar and Forest have a very similar fit. The Forest could be a hair more generous in fit and with a slightly higher instep. However, we recommend to keep the same size for those two lasts. Soller and Rain is also two lasts with a very similar fit, which is wider and generous than Forest/Oscar. Please e-mail us for further fitting advice, [email protected]

How is the length compared to the Robert last? I have Robert last bal boots and for my bigger foot, the heel to ball length is just a bit small and I could use just a bit more room for my pinky toe. It's really just a borderline thing, nothing serious. But if I buy a similar boot to the one in your picture, I may size up a half size. I also only wear thin to medium dress socks with my Robert boots, so I may just size up and use thicker socks if I need to.
Length of the Robert and Oscar is pretty much the same. However, the Oscar has a more generous rounded toe box while the Robert, with its almond shaped toe box, fits slightly more snug in that area.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a 9.5B/C US and I was wondering if anyone went tts in the simpson last? Is there enough length or will it crunch your toes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads