1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. patliean1

patliean1 Distinguished Member

Hi All,

This might be a silly (and obvious) question but how would you compare the quality of Ezno B's leather versus Carmina? Better/Worse/Same?

Thanks in advance.

2. justinkapur

justinkapur Distinguished Member

I only own the suede and I find it to have more substance. A bit heavier and thicker. I can appreciate that because the suede Carmina uses seems very thin which makes for easy break in.

RogerP could probably comment on both I know he owns both manufacturers

3. laufer

laufer Distinguished Member

Here is an update to this GMTO. we have had some additions and some attrition, interested parties myself included. Please let me know if you are interested

GMTO # Gaziano & Girling Antibes

Model : Antibes loafer
    Last : KN14
    Color : Vintage Maple Calf
    Soles : Single leather soles.
    Price : 7600 SEK

So this model
    [​IMG]

In this color

[​IMG]

Interested parties

Myself = E width
    @nickrut = E width
    @bsmw = F width preferred but could take E width also.

4. Romans116

Romans116 Well-Known Member

How often do the stocks update at this site?

5. RogerP

RogerP Distinguished Member

Bonafe is better, IMO. But bear in mind that this is based, at present, on only a single pair of EB.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015

6. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Sorry? Please clarify?

7. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

I think he's asking whether your site reflects stockouts in real time. IIRC, the last time I ordered it did - after I checked out a purchase the boot page showed it was sold out in my size when I returned to it

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015

8. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

They are better at finish and overall pikcs better skins IMO. As for source of leather and the durability it's hard to gauge as all makers change tanneries from time to time. Bonafè uses the same type of grain as Saint Crispin's "Inca". For Vitello and Bolet I actually do not know the tannery.

9. Steel28

Steel28 Distinguished Member

I'm predicting a big wave of Doak/CC Galway pre-orders by Feb.23rd.

good luck @Leaves and Gabriel.

10. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

OK, so I apologize for parachuting in with an immediate sizing question, but I got a look at @LoKey's Bonafe austerity boots in calf and suede and I note that there's a pair in 10.5UK listed as in stock.

If I wear Carmina Forest 10.5UK wide or 11UK regular fitting and Soller and Queens 11UK, I'm going to guess that Bonafe 10.5 will be too small, right?

I'm a US 11D, but my foot is a little on the wide side and I like some room in my boot fits.

Fabulous looking boots.

11. GabrielOB

GabrielOB Affiliate Vendor

I would say that the UK 10.5 for these Austerity boots most likely will fit you well. The main difference between Carmina and Bonafè lasts is that Bonafè's lasts has a higher instep and a more generous ball width. Most people size down at least half a size from their US sizes to Bonafè's UK sizes if they have wider feet. The 363 MOD. last is generous in its fit and will feel more roomy than Soller or Queens from Carmina.

12. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

Thank you @GabrielOB.

The main reason I go with 11UK in the Carmina lasts is for the width. I probably have extra length in them. It works, but it's not the best fit.

Glad to hear the Bonafe should work. Will mull this as it is a sudden whim of mine...

13. 90shilling

90shilling Senior Member

Can anybody chime in on the EG Dover vs. the G&G Hove (MH71)? Or can you not go wrong either way? I am leaning towards the Hove which would be my first G&G. Trying to decide which would go best with odd trousers/denim: Vintage Rioja, Vintage Oak, or the Oak Hatch grain on the site.

14. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Distinguished Member

I'm a Hove guy, but i'm the minority here. Can't go wrong with either IMO.

Having said that, the Dover would probably go best if you are leaning more towards the casual side..

15. LoKey

LoKey Senior Member

@FrankCowperwood : If it helps, my feet are above average width and instep with a narrow heel. This is my sizing:

UK10 in Soller and Rain. I'm typically a 9.5UK, but need the extra half size for width.
    363Mod UK10: more voluminous in instep and slightly more length than I need. The width is plentiful. I probably could've sized down to 9.5UK.