• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

This might be a silly (and obvious) question but how would you compare the quality of Ezno B's leather versus Carmina? Better/Worse/Same?

Thanks in advance.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi All, 

This might be a silly (and obvious) question but how would you compare the quality of Ezno B's leather versus Carmina? Better/Worse/Same?

Thanks in advance.

I only own the suede and I find it to have more substance. A bit heavier and thicker. I can appreciate that because the suede Carmina uses seems very thin which makes for easy break in.

RogerP could probably comment on both I know he owns both manufacturers

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is an update to this GMTO. we have had some additions and some attrition, interested parties myself included. Please let me know if you are interested

GMTO # Gaziano & Girling Antibes

Model : Antibes loafer
Last : KN14
Color : Vintage Maple Calf
Soles : Single leather soles.
Price : 7600 SEK

So this model

In this color

Interested parties

Myself = E width
@nickrut = E width
@bsmw = F width preferred but could take E width also.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think he's asking whether your site reflects stockouts in real time. IIRC, the last time I ordered it did - after I checked out a purchase the boot page showed it was sold out in my size when I returned to it

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Bonafe is better, IMO.  But bear in mind that this is based, at present, on only a single pair of EB. 

They are better at finish and overall pikcs better skins IMO. As for source of leather and the durability it's hard to gauge as all makers change tanneries from time to time. Bonafè uses the same type of grain as Saint Crispin's "Inca". For Vitello and Bolet I actually do not know the tannery.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm predicting a big wave of Doak/CC Galway pre-orders by Feb.23rd.

good luck @Leaves and Gabriel.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK, so I apologize for parachuting in with an immediate sizing question, but I got a look at @LoKey's Bonafe austerity boots in calf and suede and I note that there's a pair in 10.5UK listed as in stock.

If I wear Carmina Forest 10.5UK wide or 11UK regular fitting and Soller and Queens 11UK, I'm going to guess that Bonafe 10.5 will be too small, right?

I'm a US 11D, but my foot is a little on the wide side and I like some room in my boot fits.

Fabulous looking boots.

GabrielOB

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
OK, so I apologize for parachuting in with an immediate sizing question, but I got a look at @LoKey 's Bonafe austerity boots in calf and suede and I note that there's a pair in 10.5UK listed as in stock.

If I wear Carmina Forest 10.5UK wide or 11UK regular fitting and Soller and Queens 11UK, I'm going to guess that Bonafe 10.5 will be too small, right?

I'm a US 11D, but my foot is a little on the wide side and I like some room in my boot fits.

Fabulous looking boots.
I would say that the UK 10.5 for these Austerity boots most likely will fit you well. The main difference between Carmina and Bonafè lasts is that Bonafè's lasts has a higher instep and a more generous ball width. Most people size down at least half a size from their US sizes to Bonafè's UK sizes if they have wider feet. The 363 MOD. last is generous in its fit and will feel more roomy than Soller or Queens from Carmina.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you @GabrielOB.

The main reason I go with 11UK in the Carmina lasts is for the width. I probably have extra length in them. It works, but it's not the best fit.

Glad to hear the Bonafe should work. Will mull this as it is a sudden whim of mine...

90shilling

Reaction score
Can anybody chime in on the EG Dover vs. the G&G Hove (MH71)? Or can you not go wrong either way? I am leaning towards the Hove which would be my first G&G. Trying to decide which would go best with odd trousers/denim: Vintage Rioja, Vintage Oak, or the Oak Hatch grain on the site.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a Hove guy, but i'm the minority here. Can't go wrong with either IMO.

Having said that, the Dover would probably go best if you are leaning more towards the casual side..

LoKey

Reaction score
@FrankCowperwood : If it helps, my feet are above average width and instep with a narrow heel. This is my sizing:

UK10 in Soller and Rain. I'm typically a 9.5UK, but need the extra half size for width.
363Mod UK10: more voluminous in instep and slightly more length than I need. The width is plentiful. I probably could've sized down to 9.5UK.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads