• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These just came. Just saying

Very nice justin! How is the quality of the suede? Better than carmina? Also, how is the color of tabacco? Is it a lot lighter than carmina dark brown? Thanks!

Last edited:

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like the Suede Uwing is taking off, but we might do both actually.

As for the color of suede and this GMTO project. Polo is a new Carmina suede color that we introduced. It's lighter than the normal Brown Suede and with reddish tones. But it's darker than Tobacco Suede. We have 2-3 RTW styles incoming this spring in Polo Suede. But none of those are ready so we no IRL pictures yet. If memory serves me right it's very close to G&G Polo Suede, it might actually be the exact hue. The Carmina Polo Suede is from Steed.

This is G&G Polo Suede.

This is the Uwing Oxford that we made up last year, it's made up in the normal Carmina Brown (Marron) Suede which I think is too dark for this project.

To give you an idea though, I believe it would look quite close to this (this is Shopped of course):

The broguing/pinking has to be the same as the original boot, otherwise they'll have to create a new pattern and Carmina is usually not very keen on this.

@RogerP
@etostano
@CHRK33
@namor
@Ironist

Where do we stand on this? Is this a go? I'd like to know before I place an order for enzo bonafe volpe suede on saturday.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@RogerP
@etostano
@CHRK33
@namor
@Ironist

Where do we stand on this? Is this a go? I'd like to know before I place an order for enzo bonafe volpe suede on saturday.

I'm all for it if everyone there is comfirmed.

How about these specs:

• Uwing boot model 80387
  • Polo Suede with slight contrast stitching
  • Rain last
  • Tomir rubber sole with thin mid-sole for a dressier look
  • Price is 3200 SEK ex VAT (25% depsoit, 75% before delivery)

Melniek

Reaction score
I might be interested as well. Delivery time will be approximately 3 months? And full price incl VAT is 4000 SEK ~ € 430 for EU customers right?

Keal19

Reaction score

How about these specs:
  • Uwing boot model 80387
  • Rain last
Count me in for this too.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Leaves do you wear shoe trees with your Carmina fur boots? They seem to flatten the fur a bit.

etostano

Reaction score
@RogerP
@etostano
@CHRK33
@namor
@Ironist

How about these specs:

• Uwing boot model 80387
  • Rain last

In.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How about these specs:

• Uwing boot model 80387
  • Rain last

In as well.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I might be interested as well. Delivery time will be approximately 3 months? And full price incl VAT is 4000 SEK ~ € 430 for EU customers right?

Sounds about right.

@Leaves
 do you wear shoe trees with your Carmina fur boots?  They seem to flatten the fur a bit.  

Yes I do. No issue with the fur.

These just came. Just saying

Those almost looks better than a pair of G&G St. James to be honest.

@Leaves

Can I make a possible website recommendation? Currently when you sell through a model it is removed from the site, correct? It was be great it they could somehow be achieved into a past makeups section. My assumption is that given the high resolution images you use that this is done in an attempt to keep server size manageable. However, while trying to finalize my Bonafe MTO I keep looking for some older makeups you have done to reference last, colors, etc. I end up having to email Gabriel to ask questions that otherwise I would not have to. I feel bad taking up his time and just thought that if these were cataloged on the site somehow that I wouldn't have to bother him. Just a thought....

Although it pains me greatly to agree with @rydenfan
. LOL

I would agree this time, as this would be a good idea if possible.

It's not in order to save space, we have an unlimited account. It's just to make the site more easy to navigate because we have a huge number of styles that are sold out and will not be restocked. But I'll give an archive section some thought.

@Leaves

Any mid brown suede Carminas coming in, Rain or Forest last? 

Have a look at http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/pages/about-us scroll down a bit and you'll see almost all our incoming styles. We have several style incoming in both Polo and Fox Suede.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@justinkapur

Nice! I'm thinking something similar on the 2102B "MH71" last.

Yours has a peaked heel counter?

@laufer & @Handcuffed

I've always liked that boot, but never sure how I'd wear it.

@RogerP

Can you let us in on your MTO specs?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads