• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SICK & TIRED OF...

qtlaw

Reaction score
Although I'm more than willing to let everyone wear whatever they want (I mean I can just ignore it) I am tired of all the RL Polo.

allman brotha

Reaction score
Also S&T of:

A Continuous Lean

Stores for men or women with limestone floors, any size video screens in said stores showing runway looks, and the "hang two of everything, two inches apart on brushed steel rods" visual merchandising strategy. OLD and tired and needs to go away!

Loro Piana's new store on Madison Avenue and it's obscene "precious-ness"

The saturation of jewelry stores on Madison Avenue between 63rd and 68th Streets

Men who don't wear socks with tailored clothing

Overly large tie knots

"Designer" sunglasses

Orchid arrangements in stores

Stores where the policy is, "The customer is always right." Wrong. The customer is often not only wrong, but often times, totally ******* insane and needs to be kicked to the curb.

Pre-Spring, Pre-Sale, Pre-Fall anything and everything in apparel stores

"Private" anythings in apparel stores - private sales, etc

VIP rooms

Being "greeted" by every ******* person on a sales floor. SHUT UP already!

Stores that dress sellers in "uniforms"

Contrast collars on dress shirts

Patterned "dress" socks

ENORMOUS shopping bags big enough to fit something to heavy to carry within. Ship the ******* thing!

Women who don't wear hosiery with tailored clothing (skirts especially) in winter

Neckties instead of bow ties with "black tie"

Goatees

Straw pork pie hats

Baseball caps on anyone who's not playing baseball

Me

Women and men who leave the ******* price tag on the bottom of their shoes. For the entire time they own said shoes

Men and women who ask, "What kind of tie will look good with a white shirt and a navy suit?" Go *************. That kind.

J. Crew

that's it for now

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am sick and tired of this SA thread!

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sick and tired of looking at this fugly shoe when I open SF
DSC_7097081.jpg

Hey now. That's a Fine Pair of Shoes!!!!!

allman brotha

Reaction score
I am sick and tired of this SA thread!

Is this how one becomes a "senior member"? If so, add this to my list.

And with those fifteen words, I'm that much closer to becoming "someone" around here. Haven't been this excited since the new phone book arrived. That is, when we used to use phone books to find someone's phone number.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Large scarves wrapped around men's necks to the extent they look like neck braces. 
Trouser cuffs wider than 1 3/4"
EVERYTHING inside of Paul Stuart, beginning with the brain-dead ownership and its flying monkey management staff; Mitchell Family: please make Ostrove an offer he can't refuse and infuse the place with some 21st Century thought. (If you've not worked here, shut up, because you don't know what you're talking about or meet me off board and I'll enlighten you)
The Sartorialist blog
Men in "red" or "red hued" trousers
Men in any trouser or jean that's rolled above ankle
Heritage trend
The increasing feminization of menswear and men's accessories 
Men's "fashion"
Polo / Ralph Lauren everything and anything anywhere and at all times
Tom Ford everything and anything anywhere and at all times
NYC Fashion Week
Fashion Blogs that suck i.e 99.9% of all fashion blogs
BARNEYS
Kiton
Cucinelli
Cheap menswear brands with massive marketing $, like Hugo Boss and Canali
NYC's Meatpacking District
###
That's it for now. More later. Thanks. 

I've gone through this phase myself. Let me make it easier for you. You are a woman trapped in a mans body. Honey it is better to just accept it and get your pretty self over to the PurseForum and release your lesbian Goddess from within. It won't be easy at first, but it does get better.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've gone through this phase myself. Let me make it easier for you. You are a woman trapped in a mans body. Honey it is better to just accept it and get your pretty self over to the PurseForum and release your lesbian Goddess from within. It won't be easy at first, but it does get better.

Best poast yet.

addedfuel

Reaction score
people saying "dress shirt" when it's really a shirt. There's shirt and t-shirt, "dress shirt" is redundant.

people who use 'fillers' that don't make sense - "like" or "you know what I am talking about?"

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

people saying "dress shirt" when it's really a shirt. There's shirt and t-shirt, "dress shirt" is redundant.

people who use 'fillers' that don't make sense -  "like" or "you know what I am talking about?" 

What's your take on "office pants"?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads