• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shopping in Tokyo, Japan?

Tuffgongstijn

Reaction score
Hi all. Visiting Japan for several weeks in October, and plan on doing some shopping in Tokyo/Osaka. Some research turned up a lot of different department stores that carry brands like Caruso - Isetan, GUJI, Takashimaya, United Arrows, and many more.

I can't possibly go to all of these, so my question for you is: what are your recommendations for a day or two of menswear (classic tailoring or streetwear) shopping in Tokyo or Osaka?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you only have time for one place in Tokyo, make it Hankyu Men's Department Store in Yurakucho. Go there anyway even if you have lots of time...

GaiusM

Reaction score
Hi all. Visiting Japan for several weeks in October, and plan on doing some shopping in Tokyo/Osaka. Some research turned up a lot of different department stores that carry brands like Caruso - Isetan, GUJI, Takashimaya, United Arrows, and many more.

I can't possibly go to all of these, so my question for you is: what are your recommendations for a day or two of menswear (classic tailoring or streetwear) shopping in Tokyo or Osaka?
Hankyu Men's in Yurakucho
Isetan in Shinjuku
Hinoya and Americaya in Ameyoko

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score

I don't get to West Tokyo very often any more. I like Isetan Men’s in Shinjuku slightly better than Hankyu Men’s in Yurakucho, but if you are pressed for time, I would recommend Yurakucho Hankyu Men's. Yurakucho is a 5-10 minute walk from Ginza, so you would more in one space by spending time in Ginza/Yurakucho area. There also is a Mitsukoshi in Ginza, which is now in the same group as Isetan so you can see a portion of what is on offer at Isetan Men's.

In Ginza, you can visit Master Lloyd, Trading Post, and Regal for shoes, Ginza Six (although Ginza Six has seen some vacancies recently) for Ring Jacket, Coco Meister for wallets, and Barneys New York.

Ameyoko is a short train ride away from Yurakucho/Ginza, so you could go do them both in one day. I would check times because department stores in Ginza don't open until 10 or 10:30 am.

Bic

ezev

Reaction score
I just got back from Tokyo a week ago. I walked around Shibuya and I found everything.

Tons of vintage shops on Harajuku st. you also have Real Mccoys, beams, Japan blue, hummingbird hill all right there. Anatómica has a beautiful store nearby as well.

Ginza seemed a bit more high end designer. It had a lot of designer vintage, a bit more street wear leaning.

Using Technology

Reaction score
I just got back from Tokyo a week ago. I walked around Shibuya and I found everything.

Tons of vintage shops on Harajuku st. you also have Real Mccoys, beams, Japan blue, hummingbird hill all right there. Anatómica has a beautiful store nearby as well.

Ginza seemed a bit more high end designer. It had a lot of designer vintage, a bit more street wear leaning.
Cool, thank you! I'm staying near Shibuya so that's ideal!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads