• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shirt/tie combo with this suit?

ccthompson

Reaction score
So I noticed a Hugo Boss suit for sale online from Hugo's Orange collection. (More casual wear). I like the style of the suit. Bit more unusual compared to the Giorgio Armani I'm used to wearing. I usually where a black or black w/pin stripe suit with white, pink, or black shirt, and I have ties in lime green, dark purple, baby blue, yellow, light grean, black, royal blue.

I was just wondering which shirt/tie combo would look best with this casual suit? I don't mind buying more ties if my current colors won't match.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
White shirt...black tie...AND invisible overcoat so that nothing is seen!

twosnapsandgo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ccthompson
So I noticed a Hugo Boss suit for sale online from Hugo's Orange collection. (More casual wear). I like the style of the suit. Bit more unusual compared to the Giorgio Armani I'm used to wearing. I usually where a black or black w/pin stripe suit with white, pink, or black shirt, and I have ties in lime green, dark purple, baby blue, yellow, light grean, black, royal blue.

I was just wondering which shirt/tie combo would look best with this casual suit? I don't mind buying more ties if my current colors won't match.

This suit is not formal wear and it isnt business wear and it isnt casual wear.

lim's

Reaction score
The OP's first post? This has to be a joke.

ccthompson

Reaction score
My question was a legit question. It is not a joke. I also didn't ask anyone's opinion on the suit. You guys can stick to your own style, and I will stick to mine. I like to mix it up. I make bold statements with what I wear most of the time, which is why I usually wear a suit with a bright lime green or a lemon yellow tie. If it's bright or unique, I will usually own or wear it. Which is why, even my car is lime green and the only one of its kind in my city.

This suit is unique, and I am still young and confident enough to easily pull it off. All I am asking is which color's in ties/shirts would you recommend for this color of suit?

Originally Posted by howardu09
Velvet bow tie and peach or pale yellow slim fit shirt.
Check them out. Love these people - http://www.etsy.com/shop/wickhamhouse?ref=seller_info

I kind of like the idea of the velvet bow tie. It's unique. Thanks.

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My question was a legit question. It is not a joke. I also didn't ask anyone's opinion on the suit. You guys can stick to your own style, and I will stick to mine. I like to mix it up. I make bold statements with what I wear most of the time, which is why I usually wear a suit with a bright lime green or a lemon yellow tie. If it's bright or unique, I will usually own or wear it. Which is why, even my car is lime green and the only one of its kind in my city.

This suit is unique, and I am still young and confident enough to easily pull it off. All I am asking is which color's in ties/shirts would you recommend for this color of suit?

twosnapsandgo

Reaction score

CCthompson you're absolutely right. You should buy it! It is so Ã
phanteau-2010

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.