• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sherlock (TV Series)

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

While on the roof? How?
I understand Insert's point of view but I suspect that it was left deliberately open ended to draw in viewers for next season.

I just like throwing ideas out, but I guess a more valid point is, he knew the whole time what was going on. He prepared for it, the writers left part of it to our imagination. In the book it was intended that Holmes die, since Doyle was sick of writing about Holmes. He was pressured into resurrecting him and pulled it off with the lack of witnesses actually seeing what happened and the events surrounding it all. In the TV show its apparent that Sherlock was planning on something from meeting with Molly. We also know that Moriarty was posing as Sherlock when with the kids. We also know that Sherlock was getting agitated by the press and their inquiries, and that blasted hat.

My best prediction would have to be that he fell in the dumpster truck, and either had Molly arrange for everything to seem as if he died, and somewhere between after the fall and after Sherlock was able to escape, in the sense that he was able to arrange that escape through Molly, who would in turn give up a fake body to the cemetery. So basically the only person we know that knows Sherlock is alive is Molly. Nobody else was watching him fall other than John, and noone saw him hit the ground. Another thing of note, the police were not called to the scene afterwards to inspect the body, a regular formality, hinting at Molly's involvement.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just like throwing ideas out, but I guess a more valid point is, he knew the whole time what was going on. He prepared for it, the writers left part of it to our imagination. In the book it was intended that Holmes die, since Doyle was sick of writing about Holmes. He was pressured into resurrecting him and pulled it off with the lack of witnesses actually seeing what happened and the events surrounding it all. In the TV show its apparent that Sherlock was planning on something from meeting with Molly. We also know that Moriarty was posing as Sherlock when with the kids. We also know that Sherlock was getting agitated by the press and their inquiries, and that blasted hat.
My best prediction would have to be that he fell in the dumpster truck, and either had Molly arrange for everything to seem as if he died, and somewhere between after the fall and after Sherlock was able to escape, in the sense that he was able to arrange that escape through Molly, who would in turn give up a fake body to the cemetery. So basically the only person we know that knows Sherlock is alive is Molly. Nobody else was watching him fall other than John, and noone saw him hit the ground. Another thing of note, the police were not called to the scene afterwards to inspect the body, a regular formality, hinting at Molly's involvement.

It seemed that Sherlock really was sorry about how he treated Molly before, and he was saying that he really did trust/care for her. It sure seemed genuine, and he was pretty much putting his life in her hands assuming she was helping him with the fake fall.

Yeah I was kind of surprised at how big of an idiot it seemed Sherlock was when compared to Moriarty at the end, it would make me feel better to find out he was acting. Then again, who could have predicted Moriarty would kill himself out of spite. That seemed out of character to me, at least compared to the Moriarty in ACD's books.

Also, I am no technology guru, but finding a code that unlocks everything.... come on.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It seemed that Sherlock really was sorry about how he treated Molly before, and he was saying that he really did trust/care for her. It sure seemed genuine, and he was pretty much putting his life in her hands assuming she was helping him with the fake fall.
Yeah I was kind of surprised at how big of an idiot it seemed Sherlock was when compared to Moriarty at the end, it would make me feel better to find out he was acting. Then again, who could have predicted Moriarty would kill himself out of spite. That seemed out of character to me, at least compared to the Moriarty in ACD's books.
Also, I am no technology guru, but finding a code that unlocks everything.... come on.

I agree. The whole code thing was stupid. I mean it wasnt even long enough to be anything. In any sense, I don't blame Sherlock for not knowing the motives of Moriarty - in the book Moriarty was much more criminal than in the series. It seemed more like Moriarty wanted to play a game and have a challenge more than do anything else. His only goal was to really defame and destroy Sherlock. In the books he was much more different, rather afraid of Holmes uncovering his spider-web of criminal activities, and retaliating with violence and pursuit.

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This Sunday, I'll definitely be tuning in for another viewing.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Damn it. When is this hitting Netflix so I can watch season 2?

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn it. When is this hitting Netflix so I can watch season 2?

I know it'll be released on blu/dvd on May 22nd. So I would assume any time around then. I know after each broadcast, PBS has it on their website and you can stream it on there.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I know it'll be released on blu/dvd on May 22nd. So I would assume any time around then. I know after each broadcast, PBS has it on their website and you can stream it on there.

I cut the cord with Cable about 5 months ago and delays like this remind me how hard it is. It's been an interesting experiment, but honestly I think I will get a cheap cable package going soon.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would you wait when there's the internets?

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aw c'mon you are all internet savvy people, there were ways to get the episodes minutes after they aired in UK...and still ways to get them now...

anyway, I'm glad you all will get a chance to watch them soon!

Last edited:

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why would you wait when there's the internets?

Aw c'mon you are all internet savvy people, there were ways to get the episodes minutes after they aired in UK...and still ways to get them now...

Some people are (morally?) opposed to acquiring entertainment through legally questionable means.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just buy the DVD/Bluray afterwards.

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I already watched all 3 episodes numerous times. It'll be nice to be able to sit at home and watch them on my TV. Then the Tuesday after the 3rd episode, buy the series when it comes out. :slayer:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Some people are (morally?) opposed to acquiring entertainment through legally questionable means.

+1

I did break down and watched the first two episodes of season 2 when I got home yesterday. :embar:

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seen the first two episodes of season 3 (again only 3 episodes) - to me over stylised but still very good.

No spoilers but I think the second episode was better than the first.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads