• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shell Cordovan AE Park Avenue

FreedBird

Reaction score
Yeah they should start making those again considering the PA is AEs most popular model, maybe in the future they will start making them again.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Allen Edmonds will make any model in shell for a surcharge.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say they look too casual, but that's just my opinion. I would love to get a pair in black shell as well. My #8's look fine to me as long as I keep the bloom off them.

After picking up my latest purchases from my cobbler, (getting sole protectors and heel taps on 4 new pair) he threw in a bunch of freebies for my continuing patronization. One of the odd things he threw into the bags was a large foam buffing pad he was raving about how quick it put a shine on shoes. I figured it was just a simple piece of foam that would thin the wax out with friction and heat, and help create a shine.

Getting it home, I gave it a try on my brown plain toed bal's and was surprised to see that the foam, although feeling dry, was actually impregnated with a bit of oil ( mink oil) and quickly put a gloss on the shoes. It worked even better on all my black pair, really enriching the depth and inkiness of the black color. It did a great job on eliminating the bloom I find on my cordovans as well. But I'll wait and see if it turns into a dust magnet, and ends up in the trash or not.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.