• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sharing my MTO EG's....

argoth

Reaction score
First, let me say again that I like your Southwolds. In regards to the Astaire, I placed an order for a pair at the G&G trunk show here in NYC and, as such, had the opportunity to see it in person. The main difference (apart from the obvious medallion), to me, between the two shoes lies in what I consider the Astaires more aggressive lines. The last (as shown at the trunk show and which I ordered, the DG70) is a bit sharper than the EG 606. Also, the wingtip is a bit more full and elongated (and also uneven, with the outside wing being longer than the inside IIRC), giving the shoe a more streamlined look. Thats not to say its better, just different. Also, I think the flash is misrepresenting your shoe's coloration, which is why I had asked about it before. Anyway, congratulations on a beautiful shoe. I hope you continue to enjoy it.
smile.gif
Arg

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by argoth
First, let me say again that I like your Southwolds.

In regards to the Astaire, I placed an order for a pair at the G&G trunk show here in NYC and, as such, had the opportunity to see it in person. The main difference (apart from the obvious medallion), to me, between the two shoes lies in what I consider the Astaires more aggressive lines. The last (as shown at the trunk show and which I ordered, the DG70) is a bit sharper than the EG 606. Also, the wingtip is a bit more full and elongated (and also uneven, with the outside wing being longer than the inside IIRC), giving the shoe a more streamlined look. Thats not to say its better, just different.

Also, I think the flash is misrepresenting your shoe's coloration, which is why I had asked about it before.

Anyway, congratulations on a beautiful shoe. I hope you continue to enjoy it.
smile.gif

Arg

Thank you.I hope my post didn't sound crass,I am not suggesting that everyone should love my shoes.But when the point about the Astaire(a stunning shoe by the way)was raised it got me thinking that they were not so different in colouration.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like both of these. I saved the pics to my "shoes I want" folder
smile.gif

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hell yes on both shoes! I like the fact that you took that
particular style (Southwold) into different textures!

On a related topic, I have a pair of Astaires ordered also. I'm hoping some of the above posters will post some pics of their two tone-, two leather shoes with their whole outfit. I'm interested to see how people will integrate them.

Panzeraxe II

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
benecios said:
Just received these two,I am very happy with them.Please let me know your thoughts.
QUOTE]

Both look great in my opinion - I have no idea why people are lukewarm on these when they loved the G&G Astaire's a few weeks ago.

On the Walcot, is that the exact RTW model, or did you request any special broguing, medallions etc.?

Thanks,

Panzer

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Panzeraxe II said:
Originally Posted by benecios
Just received these two,I am very happy with them.Please let me know your thoughts.
QUOTE]

Both look great in my opinion - I have no idea why people are lukewarm on these when they loved the G&G Astaire's a few weeks ago.

On the Walcot, is that the exact RTW model, or did you request any special broguing, medallions etc.?

Thanks,

Panzer

Thanks for the kind comments,the Walcot is the exact RTW model.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
You really have a way with words. Back to English class I'd say.
If you grew up with my father you'd talk like this too
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads