• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share Your Wine Country Trip

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Hunts, ME does a great tasting. You sit down in a nice, big, glass filled private room, they have 5-9 wines ready for you to taste. You'll really enjoy it. If you only have room for a few bottles, get one of her Sauv. Blancs if you can.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
A little birdy told me that ME's chard was ready, but they didn't release it on the mailing list (obviously). So if Hunts gets to go and taste her chard, which is what made her famous as a winemaker, before any of us on the mailing list do, that'd be pretty badass.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, it’s Saturday we got up early to partake in the free breakfast fare at our hotel before heading off to Sonoma for our visit to Martinelli Winery. I had my route all mapped out and so off we went. After our first encounter with Mayacamas mountain roads last year it was decided that we’d head down and around and then up the 12, however my gps had other ideas and continued to force me over to the 101 via 116. Now, this was our first time venturing into Sonoma beyond Sonoma Square, so in the end I let my gps be the guide. But soon enough the large red barn of Martinelli revealed itself from behind the trees and we knew we had arrived.

2011-04-02-11-30-05-414.jpg

We were scheduled for, what they called a VIP tour, at 11:00am and we eventually arrived at just about 20 past! We were warmly greeted and taken to the tour already in progress. The day was beautiful, warm and sunny with some morning clouds still hanging around, but no rain in sight! The tour started at the foot of the Giuseppe and Luisa vineyard. We were then taken over towards the crush pad where they talked about their process of harvesting, processing, and making of the wines, interlaced with wonderful family stories.

2011-04-02-11-35-20-733.jpg

2011-04-02-11-29-51-760.jpg

We tasted a lot of fantastic wines, 8 or 9 in total if a recall but our favorites were the 2009 “Vigneto di Evo” Zinfandel, which was a big bold and juicy zin, with tones of black fruit flavours and just the right amount of sweet tobacco spice. The tannins are really quite smooth and help to round this juice out. It’s a great entry level bottle (only $30 and 627 cases produced) for those who love a darn good Martinelli zin!

2011-04-02-20-31-25-447.jpg

We enjoyed ours back at the hotel!

Our other favorite was the 2008 “Zio Tony Ranch” Pinot Noir. This pinot brings both power and grace to the table. The nose is warm and welcoming with notes of baking spice mingling with aromas of red cherries and plum. The palate is treated to a full-bodied array of ripe raspberry and black cherries. Once this one opens up the tannins really integrate into the whole structure and are smooth and silky. The finish reveals the hints of vanilla-oak from a year of sitting in 75% new French Oak barrels with it’s gross lees and lasts forever! We saved our bottle for Easter Diner and had it with a traditionally prepared Spiral cut ham that was marinated overnight with pineapple and 7up and then slow roasted with a brown sugar glaze. The pairing, in my opinion, was divine!

2008_Zio-Tony_Pinot-Noir.jpg

All of the wines were fantastic but then again with Helen Turley and Bryan Kvamme behind the winemaking you really can’t go wrong! If you’re ever out that way you really need to pay them a visit!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I needed to do a team meeting, and somebody suggested that I do it in the Canadian wine country in Ontario. did a tour, beautiful landscape, but every wine we tried sucked. so I told the guy who suggested it and he said "I didn't tell you to try the wine's, I said that the area was great". asshole.

I did a few trips down the rhine during the season when they have wine festivals, in the fall. that is very cool - many villages have festivals with booths set up serving local wine, and you can walk around the area and see the vineyards and the wineries

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
I did a few trips down the rhine during the season when they have wine festivals, in the fall. that is very cool - many villages have festivals with booths set up serving local wine, and you can walk around the area and see the vineyards and the wineries

That sounds like it would be a wonderful time! Post some pics if you have any; I'd love to see them.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
That sounds like it would be a wonderful time! Post some pics if you have any; I'd love to see them.

it was wonderful - unfortunately, pretty much before I had kids I never took any pictures. in my 20's I went to a lot of beer and wine festivals in europe, and they were a real blast. I would highly recommend them to anybody.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where we stayed on our last trip in Yountville

Yountville.jpg

The fountain at Schramsberg. If you like champagne (sparkling wines) be sure and pay them a visit. But you need a reservation since the county only allows a maximum of 90 visitors on any day. They have nice, old caves carved into the hills.

Schramsberg.jpg

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks really nice PSG! Cheers!

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
If you are going to stay in sonoma by all means hit Fog Crest! If you want contact info PM me! They give a great tour plus they are on the way to Merry Edwards and many other really nice rrv vineyards.
Cool -- we are not staying out there (prob staying in SF, though I might change my mind for one night), but it would be nice to hit two, and they are SO CLOSE to ME. I really need to get a handle on the day-to-day schedule so I can make various reservations, but I'm smack in the middle of finals until 5/9. Ugh.
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Hunts, ME does a great tasting. You sit down in a nice, big, glass filled private room, they have 5-9 wines ready for you to taste. You'll really enjoy it. If you only have room for a few bottles, get one of her Sauv. Blancs if you can.
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
A little birdy told me that ME's chard was ready, but they didn't release it on the mailing list (obviously). So if Hunts gets to go and taste her chard, which is what made her famous as a winemaker, before any of us on the mailing list do, that'd be pretty badass.
Awesome. Heck, Southwest has a god baggage policy -- I COULD just bring a Zero-Halliburton case and have room for 6-8 bottles, which would be pretty sweet. It would be nice if a few were that Chard! Hopefully I can make a substantive contribution to this thread in about a month and change! ~ H

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads