• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Meetup: South Texas Edition Updated

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

nope, both of them are pretty much locals only. They're on a quieter side of the riverwalk - it's hard to run into them on purpose. Esquire is big enough that there is rarely ever a wait, even when its packed. I think it's a great vibe, myself, and would fit the bill. As for casual side, these are probably the two bars in the downtown area that would fit perfect with that. It's no Coyote Ugly. The ambience kind of speaks for itself - definitely gems IMHO. You can peep the menus on their website as well.

I think the suggestions are perfect. Unless anyone objects, maybe we can go ahead and set it for Esquire and we can always hit the other places afterwards.

You should try and make it. Looks like we are getting a good crowd.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone know what the record attendance for a SF meet-up has been?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Anyone know what the record attendance for a SF meet-up has been?

The first DC meetup in April 2005 (which was probably the first SF meetup ever and the first recorded shoe circle) had eight attendees + several significant others. Not sure if that's a record -- it's probably not -- but it's a pretty good turnout.

I wouldn't get too overconfident this early. Not to be a buzzkill or anything, but given that this is the first meetup of its kind and several folks are coming from out of town, there is a good chance for it to be a fiasco. I would be happy with four attendees and no creepers.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

The first DC meetup in April 2005 (which was probably the first SF meetup ever and the first recorded shoe circle) had eight attendees + several significant others. Not sure if that's a record -- it's probably not -- but it's a pretty good turnout.

I wouldn't get too overconfident this early. Not to be a buzzkill or anything, but given that this is the first meetup of its kind and several folks are coming from out of town, there is a good chance for it to be a fiasco. I would be happy with four attendees and no creepers.

I don't think Stitches is coming. :p

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Stop raining down on our parade! Hahaha

I don't think Stitches is coming. :p

And that's exactly what he wants us to think...:tinfoil:

chim

Reaction score
I'll be there barring some unforeseen disaster. Looking forward to getting a drink with you fellas.

looks like there's a reservation tab on their website
http://www.esquiretavern-sa.com/

maybe it would be a good idea to reserve a spot once we get a good head count?

Last edited:

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I'm wearin my flip-flops anyway....Prolly my Jimi tie dye. And SHORTS of course.

dks202

Reaction score

Esquire is great, I was there last week. Don't know if there is any food though.

Anyone thought of the Cadillac Bar across from the courthouse? This is NOT the chain of bars/restaurants but close to 100 yrs old. Very similar to the Esquire and they serve a pretty mean plate of nachos. It's out of the way of tourists, but only a couple of blocks from the riverwalk, and the beer is ice cold!

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am making an evite to help keep track of who is coming and to be able to send out last minute changes to the plan. If you are planning to attend please PM me an email address so I can add you.

:slayer:

satx929

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've never posted on here before but have followed the forum for a few years and when I heard of this event I had to sign up. Esquire is a GREAT choice, the drinks are perfect and the food is delicious. I've been coming here 2-3x’s a week for the past couple months and in fact I’m having lunch here tomorrow. Only downside is that since the drinks are made “from scratch” they can take a while, but the manager and bartenders are real cool guys and I’m sure will be able to accommodate a “large” crowd.

On the other suggestions: Cadillac Bar is ok on the weekdays when there are a bunch of attorneys there, but on the weekends the clientele is mostly the defendants. Stone Oak (a north sub) is always fun but caters to a certain crowd and unfortunately my Affliction tee is dirty and my bedazzled button-up is at the cleaners.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:fu:

the girl whose place I'm planning on crashing at is being flaky about that weekend. For all of you who have long commutes, where are you staying?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads