• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

selling some 42R suits....Brioni, Attolini

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, gents, I'm moving to Arizona very soon so I'd best downsize some of the finer items that I may not have occasion to wear as often. Â Actually, I would like to stick with 42shorts from now on, so I feel these are slightly long on me. All but one (medium blue Brioni) are in pristine, LIKE NEW condition-- just be sure the sleeve and inseams will work for you if you're interested. Â After 24 hours, I need to have these posted on ebay for higher prices, but wanted to give the forum first crack at them. Â Wonderful suits, guaranteed complements when you wear them. Â I'll cover next day shipping via Fedex for you using my discount from work. Pictures are scans of the cloth, and they are terrible for color (stripes look nothing like the color.) and texture, but included them anyway.
images26xp.jpg
brionisuit5eo.jpg
1. Â 42Reg Sartoria Attolini navy suit, with french blue pinstripes. Â 3 button rolled to 2, side vents jacket about 31.25 inches from bottom of collar to bottom of jacket. Â Sleeve from shoulder seam: 24.5" with 3 functional buttons Trousers 36", inseam: 31", cuffed, overall length 42.5 inches $650 2. Â 42R Brioni "Palatino" 2 button medium grey suit, with french blue pinstripes; side vents, jacket 31 inches from bottom of collar to bottom of jacket. Â Sleeve from shoulder seam: 24.5" with 3 NON-functional buttons (I highly suggest redoing these with false buttonholes, as they weren't tailored as well as could be) Trousers 36", inseam: 31", cuffed, overall length 42.5 inches $600 3. Â 42R Brioni "Palatino" for Louis Boston dark grey flannel 3 button suit, with light grey and medium blue subtle stripes. Â 3 button rolled to 2, side vents jacket 31 inches from bottom of collar to bottom of jacket. Â Sleeve from shoulder seam: 24.5" with 3 functional buttons Trousers 36", inseam: 31", cuffed, overall length 42.5 inches $625 4. Â Older Brioni SB suit, marked 42 reg but measures 42short. Â Medium blue textured cloth, two button side vented jacket 30.5" from under collar to bottom of jacket. Sleeve from shoulder seam: 23.5" trousers (have seen a lot of adjustments) 33", 29.5 inseam. Please PM me if interested in purchasing via paypal or cashiers check.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are the shoulder-to-shoulder and armpit-to-armpit measurements?  I generally wear a 40R, but have heard that Brioni and Attolini run on the slim side.  Also, is there any material left in the slacks to lengthen the inseam?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam on all of the jacket are about 18.5" to just under 19"; attolini is about 18.75"

Attolini armpit to armpit is ABOUT (this is a hard measurement to take) 22", so I'm guessing the chest is between 44 and 45 inches. On the Brionis, the chest is generally about 44"

On all of the trousers, there seems to be room to extend the trouser length some-- cuffs could be removed and re-structured or tailored without cuffs-- but I'd best leave this answer to a tailor, who can generalize how much a 1.5" pant cuff could be extended.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads