• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Self Edge x Imperial = SEXI08

As our 8th collaboration we bring the SEXI08... An 18.5cm slim cut jean made of 15oz unsanforized denim.

We've moved the production of this jean to Japan, where normally Imperial's jeans are made in Australia. Moving the production to Japan enabled us to work closely with the factory and the mill that produced the denim. The outcome is a 15oz unsanforized right hand twill denim made in both indigo and black produced in Ibara, Japan. For those that always wanted an Imperial jean to fade like many of the other Japanese lines we carry with a high intensity fade and quite a bit of character, these are for you as they're sure to age well and fade over time due to the lack of processing the denim has gone through after the weaving process.

The leather tag and silkscreened pocket bag art are an homage to the Australian, Japanese, and American connection. Small rear pockets embroidered with dark indigo thread, chainstitched hems, a custom leather tag, and a silkscreened inner pocket bag round out the features on this custom collaboration between Self Edge and Australia's Imperial Clothing Company. The silhouette is a slim fitting 18.5cm cut with an inseam that shrinks to ~36". These are, quite possibly, the perfect slim fitting jean for us.

The SEXI08 jean will be released at Self Edge San Francisco & Self Edge New York at Noon (Local Time) on Saturday, September 5th.
The jeans will also be available online at 2pm (PST) the same day.

Check our online store for more information on this jean, a complete specification list, measurements, and hi-res photos:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...f2cfb48efee60a

Self Edge x Imperial Indigo Selvedge = SEXI08
sexi08_indigo_01_web.jpg

sexi08_indigo_02_web.jpg

sexi08_indigo_04_web.jpg

sexi08_indigo_06_web.jpg

sexi08_indigo_08_web.jpg

Self Edge x Imperial Black Selvedge = SEXI08BK
sexi08_black_01_web.jpg

sexi08_black_02_web.jpg

sexi08_black_04_web.jpg

sexi08_black_06_web.jpg

bob_gnarly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
We get a restock of Imperial every single week, usually on Thursdays but the brand continues to sell out almost instantly every time we get a restock.

do the jeans ever make it to the website? or do they just sell out too fast

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Imperials looking gooooooood. It's an odd question, but would it be possible to dye the orange/yellow back pocket stitching indigo on my Dukes?

Ozarks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crazy
When is the next planned restock of the slim 3Sixteens?

I'm curious about the straight legs as well, I really need to stop putting off going up to SF, especially as my friends live about a block away.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We've gotten quite a few emails asking if the SEXI08 is limited.
All of our collaborations are made in a limited number and never made again, for the SEXI08 there were 150 indigo produced and 70 black.

Real Deep

Reaction score
Echo the 3Sixteen sentiments; any info on when you'll re-stock the ST-210 Slim Leg Black Coated? Specifically a 31 if you've a pair lying about.

alexwgoody

Reaction score
Is it true that you will be carrying Ande Whall's soon? I read an article on the your website that said you got them a month ago, but I don't see them anywhere else on the website.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alexwgoody
Is it true that you will be carrying Ande Whall's soon? I read an article on the your website that said you got them a month ago, but I don't see them anywhere else on the website.

We'll have three different models October 15th.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weird question, but is there any such thing as an permanent indigo pen/marker? I'd like to make the back pocket stitching on my Dukes a little more subtle (like the SExI08's) by darkening it somehow. I feel like it'd be some sort of sacrilege to use a navy blue sharpie...

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to dye a cotton jacket to a different color so I've been reading a bit about fabric dyes. Apparently you can buy actual fabric dye and just mix a little bit of it with water to create a "paint," and use a paintbrush to paint the color on. This is what people do to color silk scarves and tee shirts. But in all seriousness this technique will probably not look any different than using a sharpie in this case.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads