• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

Americanaaa

Reaction score

Two reasons.. a lot of high end selvedge denim is unsanforized so when the jean shrinks about 10% the zipper tape becomes wrinkled and the zipper is rendered nearly useless. The other reason is zippers fail, and if you plan on wearing your jeans for a long time you want buttons which don't fail often. If a button fails the repair is extremely easy and quick, where as with a zipper it's an ordeal to change the zipper on a pair of jeans compared to putting a new button in.
makes sense, thanks.

Markboots

Reaction score
I just wanted to thank Kiya for his fast response to all my email questions, fast shipping and awesome products. In the past 11 days, I bought 3 pairs of Real Japan Blues and 2 pairs of Imperial Denim. I went kind of denim crazy, but with the current Warehouse sale how could I not?

I can't believe there are still items available on the Warehouse sale.

Thanks Kiya!

Regards,
Mark

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I just wanted to thank Kiya for his fast response to all my email questions, fast shipping and awesome products.  In the past 11 days, I bought 3 pairs of Real Japan Blues and 2 pairs of Imperial Denim.  I went kind of denim crazy, but with the current Warehouse sale how could I not?

I can't believe there are still items available on the Warehouse sale.  

Thanks Kiya!

Regards,
Mark

Thanks for all the orders Mark! Hope to see you around our SF shop sometime soon.
We've filled to the brim with fall/winter items now too.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Introducing Nine Lives - From A Dark Tokyo Night

We'd like to introduce you to Nine Lives, the newest label in our stable of brands at Self Edge.

Nine Lives is a Tokyo based brand which uses Japan's wide breadth of textile and garment manufacturing expertise as its baseline for design and inspiration. They've taken much of what we're familiar with at Self Edge and given it an updated feel while using many of the manufacturing techniques our client base is already familiar with.

All their leathers are custom tanned, their loopwheeled fleeces are produced exactly to their specifications, their indigo-dyed sashiko fabric was built for them from the ground up, and their jacquard fabrics will impress even the biggest Flat Head fans. To say this is an impressive first season for a new line is an understatement.

For the first shipment we offer a yak hide and sashiko jacket, a cowhide and sashiko varsity in two colors, a dual-tone loopwheeled crewneck sweater in two colors, and a super heavy natural indigo-dyed henley.

This collection is available now at all Self Edge stores.

Shop Nine Lives Online

9LVS_NAVY_0001-684x1025.jpg

9LVS_NAVY_0008-1025x684.jpg

9LVS_NAVY_0006-1025x684.jpg

9LVS_CREM_01-684x1025.jpg

9LVS_CREM_08-1025x682.jpg

9LVS_CREM_05-1025x684.jpg

9LVS_LEATHER_01-684x1025.jpg

9LVS_LEATHER_06-1025x684.jpg

9LVS_LEATHER_09-1025x684.jpg

9LVS_BLUE_01-684x1025.jpg

9LVS_BLUE_04-1025x684.jpg

9LVS_GRAY_01-684x1025.jpg

9LVS_GRAY_05-1025x684.jpg

9LVS_NAVY_01-684x1025.jpg

9LVS_NAVY_06-1025x684.jpg

cloudshift

Reaction score
Quite interested in IRON HEART 633S-14. Can anyone comment on the "character" of the denim? I had some Triple Works years ago, and the denim was extremely tightly woven, unlike any I'd seen before. Does this new denim "breathe" well? At only 14 oz, would you say it's cool or hot? Sorry if this has been addressed, I did some searching and came up with not much additional information. Thanks for any help/direction!

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Quite interested in IRON HEART 633S-14. Can anyone comment on the "character" of the denim? I had some Triple Works years ago, and the denim was extremely tightly woven, unlike any I'd seen before. Does this new denim "breathe" well? At only 14 oz, would you say it's cool or hot? Sorry if this has been addressed, I did some searching and came up with not much additional information. Thanks for any help/direction!

This newer IH fabric is a completely different thing than the TW denim from years ago. This one has more character and has a slightly looser weave so it breathes more. I'ts definitely a comfortable jean right off the bat, i'd say one of the most comfortable styles we sell out of all 65 models of jeans we stock.

Americanaaa

Reaction score

This newer IH fabric is a completely different thing than the TW denim from years ago. This one has more character and has a slightly looser weave so it breathes more. I'ts definitely a comfortable jean right off the bat, i'd say one of the most comfortable styles we sell out of all 65 models of jeans we stock.
how would you characterize/describe the 666s-II Indigo/Indigo Denim and its weave? I got these from yall and they aren't like any other denim ive had before.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

how would you characterize/describe the 666s-II Indigo/Indigo Denim and its weave? I got these from yall and they aren't like any other denim ive had before.

That denim is a fairly tightly woven with a super saturated fiber that makes the fabric almost look like a canvas weave. Those jeans ages in a really wild way with a lot of contrast.

Americanaaa

Reaction score
Thinking of going in on some of the sugar cane that just got stocked.

I'm looking for a black pair of jeans that will fade fairly fast.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sugar Cane Winter Collection & Cowhide Type II Jacket

We've just received a shipment of shirts, jackets, and more from Toyo including a standout cowhide Type II jacket.

All the new jackets and shirts are available now along with a full restock of all jean models.

http://www.selfedge.com/sugar-cane

SC_SUEDE_01-684x1025.jpg

SC_SUEDE_08-1025x684.jpg

SC_SUEDE_10-1025x684.jpg

SC_CORD_00001-684x1025.jpg

SC_CORD_10000-1025x684.jpg

SC_CORD_00007-1025x684.jpg

SC_LTBLUE_01-684x1025.jpg

SC_LTBLUE_07-1025x684.jpg

SC_BLUE_00001-684x1025.jpg

SC_BLUE_00005-1025x684.jpg

SC_RED_01-684x1025.jpg

SC_RED_07-1025x684.jpg

SC_NAVY_01-684x1025.jpg

SC_NAVY_07-1025x684.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Self Edge "Let's Drink!" SALE - This Weekend!

Here at Self Edge we like to find any reason to drink, and better yet, drink with our customers...

So this weekend we're running a LET'S DRINK sale on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This will be the last time we're discounting anything this year. Come by the store and have a few beers with us and enjoy a 16% off sale on everything in the store. This is the largest discount percentage we've ever offered.

We'll have quite a few new shirts, jeans, jackets, leather accessories, silver jewelry, and more in the store just in time for the weekend from Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Lady White, Good Art, Mister Freedom, Monitaly, Studio D'Artisan, Flat Head, Strike Gold, Nine Lives, Sugar Cane, Buzz Rickson (and William Gibson), John Lofgren, Stevenson, and more.

Come by and check out all the newest releases from every line we carry and restocks of all the jeans from all the brands which we stock. There's quite a bit of new product coming in daily and some will be going up in the online store over the next few days, some will be in-store only until after the weekend.

It's rare for us to have a blanket sale like this... Everything will be marked down 16% for three days so come by and have a drink and check out our new goods.

Self Edge Online Store Sale:
Starts: 9am (PST) Friday, November 25th
Ends: 9am (PST) Tuesday, November 29th

Sale in-store and online will be 16% off (excludes hems/repairs). Customers which are not local can use a coupon code for 16% off everything in our online store starting at 9AM (PST) Friday November 25th, the coupon code will be good until 9am (PST) Tuesday, November 29th.
Sale terms cannot be retroactive for past purchases or to pre-purchase items which are not in our current stock.

Coupon Code for 16% off along with free shipping worldwide: LetsDrink2016

Shop Self Edge Online

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

The Self Edge "Let's Drink!" SALE - This Weekend!

Here at Self Edge we like to find any reason to drink, and better yet, drink with our customers...

So this weekend we're running a LET'S DRINK sale on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This will be the last time we're discounting anything this year. Come by the store and have a few beers with us and enjoy a 16% off sale on everything in the store. This is the largest discount percentage we've ever offered.

We'll have quite a few new shirts, jeans, jackets, leather accessories, silver jewelry, and more in the store just in time for the weekend from Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Lady White, Good Art, Mister Freedom, Monitaly, Studio D'Artisan, Flat Head, Strike Gold, Nine Lives, Sugar Cane, Buzz Rickson (and William Gibson), John Lofgren, Stevenson, and more.

Come by and check out all the newest releases from every line we carry and restocks of all the jeans from all the brands which we stock. There's quite a bit of new product coming in daily and some will be going up in the online store over the next few days, some will be in-store only until after the weekend.

It's rare for us to have a blanket sale like this... Everything will be marked down 16% for three days so come by and have a drink and check out our new goods.

Self Edge Online Store Sale:
Starts: 9am (PST) Friday, November 25th
Ends: 9am (PST) Tuesday, November 29th

Sale in-store and online will be 16% off (excludes hems/repairs). Customers which are not local can use a coupon code for 16% off everything in our online store starting at 9AM (PST) Friday November 25th, the coupon code will be good until 9am (PST) Tuesday, November 29th.
Sale terms cannot be retroactive for past purchases or to pre-purchase items which are not in our current stock.

Coupon Code for 16% off along with free shipping worldwide: LetsDrink2016

Shop Self Edge Online

FYI, our sale is running through today and ending tomorrow. Last chance to pick up something discounted for the year!

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally picked up the SugarCane sherpa lined type III. Is the collar larger than most denim jackets (aside from the lining) or is it just an illusion?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Finally picked up the SugarCane sherpa lined type III. Is the collar larger than most denim jackets (aside from the lining) or is it just an illusion?

I feel like it's about the same as most denim jackets, maybe just a hair longer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads