• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RM Williams - Whiskey Color?

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm considering the purchase of a pair of RM Williams Craftsman in Whiskey and wanted some input as to the color itself. I've contacted a couple of RMW in Whiskey owners and thought I'd put this out there. I'm concerned the color might be a bit too "orange" and also concerned it won't go with much other than denim. I had the same concern about the AE Chili color and I polished it a few times with a darker brown polish. The AE's look great now with a nice patina. I have RMW in chestnut and in black, so a less versatile color would work for a 3rd pair. Any input as the whiskey color? Most people have raved over the color, but I'm not sure how many of them actually own boots in that color.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grayland
I'm considering the purchase of a pair of RM Williams Craftsman in Whiskey and wanted some input as to the color itself. I've contacted a couple of RMW in Whiskey owners and thought I'd put this out there. I'm concerned the color might be a bit too "orange" and also concerned it won't go with much other than denim. I had the same concern about the AE Chili color and I polished it a few times with a darker brown polish. The AE's look great now with a nice patina. I have RMW in chestnut and in black, so a less versatile color would work for a 3rd pair. Any input as the whiskey color? Most people have raved over the color, but I'm not sure how many of them actually own boots in that color.

Own them, not orange, go with everything a lighter colored boot show would go with.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Own them, not orange, go with everything a lighter colored boot show would go with.

+1 You will not regret the purchase and don't worry about the color, it's not orange.

wetnose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grayland
I'm considering the purchase of a pair of RM Williams Craftsman in Whiskey and wanted some input as to the color itself. I've contacted a couple of RMW in Whiskey owners and thought I'd put this out there. I'm concerned the color might be a bit too "orange" and also concerned it won't go with much other than denim.
Try them with pants in typical colors (i.e. not light, not dark): grey, olive, brown and blue. Even better if the pants had some interesting texture or was a rare fabric (e.g. moleskin). Try to see if you can find a matching belt (that's a quest for you!) and you'll be surprised. I don't own them but have seen them at the store. The best I can come up with is the color of milky tea. http://www.backpackingmalaysia.com/i...-teh-tarik.jpg

Saenek

Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of whiskey craftsman MTO's with the screwed brass sole, hopefully I'll see em in about 6 weeks.

hooya2

Reaction score
I'm selling the Craftsman in Whiskey, size 10F , msg me if interested
smile.gif

Tez Mulan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saenek
Just ordered a pair of whiskey craftsman MTO's with the screwed brass sole, hopefully I'll see em in about 6 weeks.

Hi, I've seen a few references to 'screwed brass sole', can I ask why someone would want this spec?

Saenek

Reaction score
Yeah I don't know what I'm going to do for replacement when I wear them down - I'll have to talk to the local cobbler once I get them.

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the verdit was that you'd have to send them back to RM Williams to get the screwed sole replaced. Their work probably isn't super expensive, but shipping both ways would hurt.

kbuzz

Reaction score
To revive a long dormant thread does anyone have any polish or cream color reccomediations

I've searched the long rm thread and saw a mention here or ithere of saphir cognac or even yellow no 5

My pair are in need of a some refreshment. I've tried saphir mod medium brown cream which stays on the surface and looks spotchy. The light brown seems to have no efffect. Now it may be that mdo cream is wrong and I should try the beaute d Clair version.

But either with cream or polish I still need a color .... any thoughts on the spahir brides brown or faun?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads