• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

reviews of zaraleather/fake leather jacket

noeltazz

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever had one of these. I was in the market today for a leather jacket and was planning on spending anywhere from 500 to 1000 for one when I came across zara.

They had these fake leather and leather jackets (sheepskin) for anywhere from 100 to 160.

I ended up buying 3 for the price of 424.

Are these jackets for real? Or will they fall apart after a month?

The fit and cut is perfect which is the real reason I bought 3. They look great.

The only thing is that the leather on the sheepskin one is a little wrinkly, is there a way to iron or remove wrinkles from sheepskin/leather?

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
My mind is just blown away by **** like this. I mean, people don't go to buy a mercedes and then decide to buy 3 honda civics.

noeltazz

Reaction score
Well thanks for contributing jack **** to the conversation.

These jackets fit better than all the 500-1000 jackets I tried on today. Only nicer jackets fit wise are in the 1500-3000 range

mickey711

Reaction score
^Pretty much what I was thinking. The sheepskin Zara uses is pretty crappy. It's actually not that hard to mistake it for Zara pleather because of the plasticky texture and how insubstantial it is. Why didn't you just buy a TOJ leather jacket?
ffffuuuu.gif
It's better to have one nice jacket than 3 mediocre ones. The wrinkles are usually a part of the dying process or wash the leather went through. Don't do anything to them.

noeltazz

Reaction score
The quality of leather on those 500-1000 jackets were pretty ******.

They were cole haan, marc jacobs, diesel, and some others I can't remember.

The leather was second grade and the fits were for fat people.

ZhiMingBuFanDe

Reaction score
return and buy a ToJ bomber.

noeltazz

Reaction score
Thank you for your useful replies. Where does one go to try on this toj jacket, I'm in san francisco

mickey711

Reaction score
http://graphr.net/toj/2.2/ It's made to order. Send Drew your measurements and money, then you'll get a fantastic leather jacket in 3 weeks or so that will ensure that your 3 zara ones will be collecting dust in your closet. And I don't want to sound like a dick, but this thread is one of the reasons why I second robbie's suggestion of a cred check.
Originally Posted by robbie
we should probably have a 'cred' check ask all new members a series of questions, if they pass they're allowed in kind of like a bouncer questions such as 'you need a pair of sneakers, what sneakers do you buy?' answers would need to be multiple choice depending upon your answer you'd be directed to a forum best suited for your tastes,budget,et cetera. this would keep the Jcrew kids with the jcrew kids the robbies with the robbies and the ballas with the ballas I think this is best, instead of having a nice mix of jellybeans we probably want to have several bowls of different flavors on the table. Also, you could ask the mods to retake the test if your tastes changed, but you'd have to submit a fit along with re-taking the test to ensure that we all were separate but equal. robbie

noeltazz

Reaction score
I just googled some of these "toj" jackets. And they look awesome! Where does one find them? Id never even heard of them before now.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noob, let me help you out. Use the search function and lurk the forum. Stop asking dumbass questions.

noeltazz

Reaction score
Chill out you dork. The search function on this website is broken, I did a several searches and it takes me to main forum, as if you clicked on the front page.

I'm on android os using the mobile browser, maybe you could get them to work on it. You seem to have a lot of clout on this message board.

PhunGar

Reaction score
http://www.styleforum.net/forumdispl...c&daysprune=-1 TOJ thread i belive if you really like the jacket then you should have bought one dont' see anythign wrong in buying something you like.. but 3 is a bit excessive i doubt you like it that much to go through 3 of them. If you like it as much as you do refund the 2 other and get another one from somewhere else aka TOJ

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
noeltazz, welcome to the forum. do you have friends?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads