• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommend me some spirits for uni

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moving to london in 5 days for uni and I want to bring some spirits so I don't have to pay London prices, I pretty much exclusively drink gin and tonic, but I figure some variety is alright.

Currently have

Couple bottles of Gordons gin
Grey Goose
Few bottles of Bicardi gold
a few different bottles of smirnoff like whipcream and marshmallow flavour
2 bottles of evan williams
dekuyper triple sec

Figure I should get some jaeger and some Liqueurs too. I pay untaxed american prices so price isn't too prohibitive.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And how are you going to transport all that stuff?? And you do know that you may have to pay tax on all that stuff...

Last edited:

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Londons like an hours drive from Cambridge. Just gonna drive down. Have a few liquor boxes to store the bottles.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Um.. when you order online, do you pay some kind of London tax?

And re: topic, unless you have more specific ideas, there are a few home bar threads floating around.

Last edited:

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't order it online, I can buy it from the american military base where I don't have UK taxes. Ideally spirits which women like to drink (hense the smirnoff).

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Londons like an hours drive from Cambridge. Just gonna drive down. Have a few liquor boxes to store the bottles.

Aah..thought you were flying in from outside the EU and had updated your location on your avatar already...

I prefer Stoli as a benchmark vodka.
And I don't really do the flavored vodka...outside of Stoli vanilla..on occasion..with 7up or sprite

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dude, rhis is like the 2nd time this thread has been done in less than 6 months. lemmywinks started this thread. we know youre specail because you are in university now, but search first.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
big gallon of smirnoff to refill the Grey Goose bottle with. :foo:

I'd also get a bottle or two of maker's mark at Duty Free. not sure if you can acquire in England?

Last edited:

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

big gallon of smirnoff to refill the Grey Goose bottle with. :foo:
I'd also get a bottle or two of maker's mark at Duty Free. not sure if you can acquire in England?

Nah ill fill it with $6 for 1.75l svedka, save a bit more money. I can get it, I buy it from the american military base not duty free. Bottles cool, but I don't like whiskey much.

Decided I need tequila, jaeger and maybe malibu or kalua. Bought another bottle of triple sec, 1l of beef eater, 1.75l of gordons and 1l of smirnoff marshmallow.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was in college, always just fed girls goldschlager and sour apple pucker shots.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jager

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads