• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RARE: 38S RLPL tweed suit (may also fit 38R or a 37R/S)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SOLD; THANK YOU STYLEFORUM!

Ralph Lauren Purple Label Tweed Suit
Unique & Elegant Styling
38S (may also fit 38R or 37R/S)
£399 with FREE insured/tracked shipping within the UK
(scroll down below the photo for detailed measurements & other information)

This RLPL suit is a wonderfully soft tweed in a very dark green with an overlying check. As you can see from the photos, this rich variegation of colour means it can appear almost charcoal dark grey under an overcast winter sky but on a bright autumn's day, its country colours come to the fore. I've tried to take photos under a range of lighting conditions so you can be assured of beauty of the fabric. I'm on a calibrated monitor and would say that the most colour-accurate photo is the large one illustrating this thread.

This suit is from my own wardrobe and was made by Saint Andrews in Italy from a wool/angora blend to ensure its luxurious combination of warmth, softness & durability. It is in great condition, with no rips, holes, stains, marks, etc. I am selling it because it doesn't fit me as well as it used to and I want to raise some money to partially subsidise a new bespoke order in an attempt to fill the resultant void in wardrobe.

If you're looking for a relaxed & casual suit for use in a less formal workplace, or instead of an odd jacket outfit in any setting, this one is perfect for you. It has some fantastic country/casual details that complement that material perfectly.

Please look through all the photos, read the style details and check the measurements below for more information. Do get in touch with any questions, and to purchase. Paypal payment only please.

Details:
  • Ralph Lauren suit
  • Very dark green 75% wool, 25% angora tweed
  • Made in Italy by Saint Andrews
  • Tagged 38S, but has been tailored (see measurements below)
  • Wonderful detailing throughout (see photos)
Jacket:
  • Single-breasted
  • 3 buttons, rolling to the second button
  • Notch lapels
  • Lapel tab/latch, with button under opposite lapel (can be removed if you prefer, as it's just sewn directly onto the back of the lapel; 5 mins work with a seam-ripper or by yourtailor)
  • 3 flap pockets, plus flapped outer ticket pocket
  • 4 sleeve buttons (non-functional, so further alteration is easy)
Trousers:
  • Flat fronts
  • Zip fly
  • Braces buttons
  • Side-adjusters
  • Turn-ups/Cuffs

Measurements:
  • Tagged 38S, but has been tailored post-purchase
  • I suggest it nows fits as a slim 38S, or possibly a 37S, but check the measurements below to be certain of a great fit.
Jacket:
  • shoulder-seam to shoulder-seam: 17.75"
  • chest circumference: 41"
  • waist circumference: 37"
  • length from base of collar: 29.5"
  • crown-cuff sleeve length: 23" (+1.5" to let down if needed)
Trousers:
  • waist circumference: 30.5" (+1" to let out if needed)
  • inside leg: 29" (can be let down if needed by approximately double the cuff height; see below for that measurement)
  • leg opening at cuff: 8.75", for circumference of 17.5"
  • turn-up/cuff height: 1.75"
Postage:
  • The suit will be sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery (insured & tracked) in the UK, and Royal Mail International Signed For (insured & tracked) for overseas buyers. UK postage is included in the cost, international postage is £25 extra.

Please enjoy looking through all the photos and let me know if I can answer any questions or if you have an offer to make.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    662.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    374.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 86
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    249.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm open to reasonable offers, so if you're interested in this suit, let's see if we can work something out. :)

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your threads always make me wish I lived back in the Cotswolds again :drool: Somehow Bicester isn't worth the 6 hour round trip from Cambridge! Let me know via PM if you get anything PL in about 40R..

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Goddamn we have very similar size, but this is out of my price range :fu:

WileyC

Reaction score
What would you be willing to work out with shipping into the US to 37211. I am a very interested buyer.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads