• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Glory Jeans 31% sale til Oct 31

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Glory in Los Angeles is having a sale on all denim. 31% off retail til the 31st

They have a decent selection, including Nudie Finn grey coated, Jean Shop Rockers, and their own Glory 1955 selvedge jean, which I have and really like, for a repro type fit that is modernized just a touch (aka slimmer than a true repro)

Might be worth a look for a good deal (esp on the Glory 1955s, at 31% off is super hella cheap for a raw denim selvedge jean made from Cone Mills denim)

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
**** I forgot there is a code you have to enter at checkout, will post that tonite (or you could call the store/email and they will give you the discount)

truestorytravis

Reaction score
This is kind of a cool store. Very much a biker vibe. Didn't look at much other than their jeans.

I tried on the '55. They are indeed a nice cut, a modernized repro style. In general I think Cone Mills denim isn't as interesting as a lot of the Japanese stuff I've seen, but Glory's denim is nice. The '55s have all the details you'd expect: selvedge, back pocket rivets, half-lined back pockets, denim(chambray?) pocket bags. The only things I don't like about the jeans are the red tab on the lower outside of the back pocket and the green stitching across the back pockets.

Thanks to Get Smart for shouting out this place.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about the Bravestar, also from Cone denim, that's $56 even without the code?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
What about the Bravestar, also from Cone denim, that's $56 even without the code?
NOT impressed AT ALL. The cuts really, really suck IMO. I checked them out at BB months ago and was genuinely disappointed with them seeing as how it was an LA brand. Definitely meant for bigger dudes but I felt like the cuts were almost mall-laughable.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
+1 on Bravestar. I saw them when Glory first got them in and they seemed ok, but the fit is "mall-brand" with selvedge denim. As Who said, I could see them working on guys with big hips/thighs with a smaller waist type of build

personally, the red tag on the Glory 1955 was a dealmaker for me, I like the offbeat position and the skull/nautical star image on tag. But I do agree that I'd prefer it without the green line stitching but it's fairly subtle so you dont even see it much

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads