• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

price adjustment at barneys?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
anyone ever do a price adjustment at barneys?

bought pants at 40% off that are now 60% off and wondering if i can get some cash back.

thanks.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Usually not unless it was within a few days of the orginal purchase and new markdown.
But, if you're in good with your SA or Brenda then it probably isn't a problem.

jkennett

Reaction score
How long ago? I believe if it's within a couple weeks they should adjust it. Even if they don't have the policy it may work to talk to the salesperson who sold you them, since it's in their power to do it and it seems like proper etiquette to go through them (commission and all those details).

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks. i'll go to michael-he'll probably help out. it's about 2 weeks.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
get to say anything to raf beyond hi?

Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Usually not unless it was within a few days of the orginal purchase and new markdown.
But, if you're in good with your SA or Brenda then it probably isn't a problem.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last time I asked it had to be within a certain time period and also had to be a purchase made at full price that recently went on sale, not a markdown from sale price to lower sale price.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're close with a SA, then no problem. If you catch them on a really nice day then no problem. But strictly, I tihnk its against policy or something since I've seen people get turned away.

You could always just return and rebuy it the minute they put it back on the rack!

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well there's not a Barney's in my city so I wouldn't know. However, from a buisiness standpoint I don't see how they could offer it unless a major goal is customer loyalty. (They do have quite a niche market for some of their offerings, so I'm not sure why that would be of primary concern).

Most of the time life doesn't reward the greatest for those that take the smallest risks. Which in this case is holding out for a further markdown, with the risk being the chance someone else may buy it while you waiting for that markdown.

Again, I'm sure trying it doesn't hurt anything, and maybe it'll work out.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i buy a healthy amount of **** there-more shoes, though.

wish me luck. i'm off.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
They're not going to price adjust sale prices to further discounted sale prices you guys are being extremely tacky.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
They're not going to price adjust sale prices to further discounted sale prices you guys are being extremely tacky.

not as tacky as your ugly face.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Shut yer holster or I'll make fok shut it for you already.

FiveFiveFive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet

Just talked to someone at Barney's and was told their policy is to adjust as long as the item was purchased no more than seven days ago. He also added that it's to the salesperson's discretion. I'm thinking if I nag enough they'll do it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads