• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Presentz you received

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

If she ditches you...... I'm always here.

Well, the deal was that my wife and I would give her a weekend at the festival for Christmas, and she would give the same to us. Should be fun.

Originally Posted by Piobaire
Very nice!

I think I linked you to one by my place, some time back. If you're ever in the neighborhood, at that time of year, let me know. It's not Pebble Beach, but it's pretty good. And the weather and setting is hard to beat.

I can't wait. I've always been a little skeptical of food festivals, because I fear the attendees will be like farmer's market people on steroids, but I think that with the right attitude, they must be a ton of fun. If we are ever in your neighborhood, it will be during yours, because I refuse to visit my mother-in-law without something fun to do. If so, I will let you know.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow. I feel like Wayne Campbell here: "I'm not worthy..." Four photos of features of the house in which I raised my kids. RubeBabeII made the photos, which — through their subject's shape — spell H O M E. Extremely cool; A ceramic travel mug RubeBabeIV painted and fired for me; Long-sleeved T; One of those fancy-assed corkscrew thingies; Set of drill bits (wtf!?!?!); The Office season 2; New Foreman grill. Oh, and laid for 3 hours.
smile.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I can't wait. I've always been a little skeptical of food festivals, because I fear the attendees will be like farmer's market people on steroids, but I think that with the right attitude, they must be a ton of fun.

Yes, you certainly get some of that. Everything from people trying to push in front of you, when you are speaking to one of the chef's, who is a personal friend, to the vapid blonde, at a table full of top flight barolos and brunellos, explaining how Chard is the best wine, so can she try some of their Chard? But, as you said, the right attitude makes such things rather humerous, and the whole thing rather enjoyable.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Yes, you certainly get some of that. Everything from people trying to push in front of you, when you are speaking to one of the chef's, who is a personal friend, to the vapid blonde, at a table full of top flight barolos and brunellos, explaining how Chard is the best wine, so can she try some of their Chard? But, as you said, the right attitude makes such things rather humerous, and the whole thing rather enjoyable.
But the PB F&W festival is quite a bit more expensive than others. At a place like PB, you're more likely to get the "better" participants than at places that have mere <$500 tickets. Have fun Matt. I'm sure PB in mid-April is absolutely beautiful.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan Jr.
they were born on Christmas?

Score! Greg, you realize that means you get to save on presents for the rest of your life! (congrats)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys - they appreciate the compliments on their first WAYWT ever
wink.gif
Sam & Leo were born one week before xmas, 3 days before the first night of hanukkah
smile.gif

Lady Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Two little bundles. I don't really remember anything else.

DSC_0191.jpg

Congratulations!!! They are beautiful
inlove.gif

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Congrats Greg!

Is that a portrait of Sheik Omar of the Taliban on your wall
confused.gif

Originally Posted by mink31
Matching shirts & ties for father and son. My attempt to get him to dress better.

IMG_2609.jpg

Crap I got
A Macallan 15 year old which i will probably just give to Conne cause I don't drink that often
I got to keep my job, all I had to do was take a pay cut and not get a bonus!!!
Some other miscellany

The missus and my two kids really made out, though
smile.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Thanks guys - they appreciate the compliments on their first WAYWT ever
wink.gif
Sam & Leo were born one week before xmas, 3 days before the first night of hanukkah
smile.gif

Oh right, you got newborns! Congratulations, GDL! Babies and kids are AWESOME!

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I spent Christmas Eve with friends and everyone got together to make dinner, and then I went to brunch at someone's house and had crepes. Other than that:

Empty_Box_Person_Looking_In.jpg

That's what happens when all your friends are poor and most of your family doesn't like you.
smile.gif

No biggie though. Wasn't really expecting anything. I'm sure there are a couple cards stuck in the mail from the members of my fam that don't think I'm some sort of gay drug dealing satanist.

At least you got to celebrate. I just did the same thing I've been doing everyday since Winter Break started (nothing).

Kohan

Reaction score
congratulations greg, that's terrific! props on picking the name "leo," if it was after leo mcgarry I owe you a scotch.

Joel_Cairo, your books kick ass. happy reading!

I, too, have received some killer gifts.

First was a ski trip to Mt. Tremblant with my father over spring break (1.5 hours from montreal, really freaking gorgeous) which has me ecstatic.

then last night I received this in brown. totally geeked out.

bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

also some nice leather gloves for the STL, a supersoft wool pullover from perry ellis, a mini vacuum cleaner that looks like a robot (why the hell not!), and last but not least both of Barack Obama's books in paperback. Will I ever seriously open them? Probably not. but still really thoughtful, especially since they WEREN'T a horrifying hawaiian shirt like the kind I normally get from relatives.

happy holidays all, have a good recuperation before new years!

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My mother-in-law gave me a blood-pressure monitor. Perhaps she is planning a visit soon!
laugh.gif

HatMagnet

Reaction score
An Akubra Fed IV in Mooonstone Grey and a Edwin Jagger badger shaving brush.

Now I can shave badgers.
bounce2.gif
rimshot.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads