• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Your Shoes/Footwear And Describe Thought Process Behind It

Ahheck01

Reaction score
Everyone has their opinions to contribute to what shoe are best for this guy and that guy, but I think most useful is to see what you all actually have in your closet, and to hear from you what your thought process was in putting the collection of footwear together.

So, in this thread, let us know what shoes / footwear (including boots, sandals [if applicable], sneakers, etc) you own. If you can, post a picture of the collection, or perhaps each individual shoe if you'd like. Then list them in order of the frequency you use them. Ideally include (sorry for the cliche example):

Color & Style: (ie. Black Cap-Toe Oxford)
Brand & Model Name: (ie. Allen Edmonds Park Avenue)
Why: (ie. This shoe is my top priority, because I always wear suits and this is a staple, etc...)
How: (ie. I paid $160 new in box for factory seconds from an outlet)
Notes: (ie. If you have a tall foot, you may need to purchase a wider shoe than you normally would. I'm typically a B width, but had to go with a D for this shoe)

Then rinse and repeat for as many shoes as you would like to share. Since the point of this is to understand how and why you put together your collection the way you did, the more comprehensive, the more helpful it will be to everyone. Thank you for your contributions!

Ahheck01

Reaction score
No? To much effort required?

To counter the inevitable retort, the reason I'm not providing mine is that I am only now purchasing quality and tasteful shoes for the first time, and have nothing worth mentioning on this forum to share in terms of a shoe collection.

-Evan

Sylvr

Reaction score
cant quite ask a community to put forth something like this when you have nothing to contribute. this is why you are better off sticking with searching, reading, and asking questions about waywt pieces you admire and for alternatives.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads