• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
contest sams.... 3 weeks... nice blue coming thru... mad button fly atari (thanks jj, canice, beatle, and all my other lovely ladies from the future
tounge.gif
)
dcfc0069be9.jpg

dcfc0070kh6.jpg

JeffVyain

Reaction score
posted these on the other sf as well, but hey it's down, and i'm bored:

s5000vx size 30 on a 6'1, 165-ish frame. wish i had better lighting but it was gettin dark. some of these pictures have flash, some don't. you can probably tell...

DSCF2677.jpg

DSCF2678.jpg

DSCF2680.jpg

DSCF2681.jpg

JeffVyain

Reaction score
DSCF2687.jpg

DSCF2692.jpg

DSCF2697.jpg

DSCF2700.jpg

they're in the wash for the third time right now. i'm gonna throw them in the dryer to shrink them up a little bit. just jeans, right?

JeffVyain

Reaction score
i've had them july...soooo bout 4 1/2 months... i don't wear them excessively hard, but i do wear them damn near every day. they're just taking forever to bust. i can't get combs in them for the life of me.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful Samurai. I saw these on the other sf and they jumped up on my list. The fade and the cut look great.

I've been wearing my PBJ since about August (got minimal wear May-August) and see pretty much nothing from them. I think these Japanese brands hold their indigo incredibly well. Takes a long time to get results, but they still look good after over a year (unlike some of the popular European brands that I will refrain from naming for fear of getting flamed).

JeffVyain

Reaction score
yea they certainly look a hell of a lot better than my APCs. the apc's have only been washed once and are still quite a bit lighter, and certainly not near as beautiful of a coloring.
i would say that SOME japanese denims are very stubborn faders. this would be one of them. but their S0500xx counterparts seem to be fading quite quickly, as do the SD103 and many others.
my sams are dry now. they shrunk up quite a bit but hardly changed at all as far as the fade goes, so i won't bother with pictures. still no honeycombing...maybe there's something wrong with my legs

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, those 505XX are fading quick as hell :p It'll be interesting to see how they look in the long run. Whether they lose a lot of color overall (like APC) or keep dark in the non abrasive areas and have super contrast :p

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowtrooper
95d2c2f1.jpg

73f122eb.jpg

newbies here first time posting, so i started off with the cheaper denim,hopefully affordable to buy a pair of evisu one day, worn these wrangler for 2months, no wash,one soak
laugh.gif

Play on player; these got lost in between all the big-ticket pairs posted recently (all of which are dope, btw), but they look way sweet. Add in the bang-for-buck factor, and I say you're the big winner.
fing02[1].gif

Reaction score
rnrswitch---

holy moly your holy cows are hellacious!
very 3D whiskering, so complex and deep, like looking into a tiger's eye.

when i saw your pics in the future, i was looking at the background stuffs, this time around, i noticed your jeans.

wow!

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
promised pics of rrl bucklebacks.

dcfc0075uw4.jpg

dcfc0076lf5.jpg

dcfc0078ct1.jpg

dcfc0081tq0.jpg

dcfc0083pl8.jpg

dcfc0088cr1.jpg

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^had to show how the fly is cut out of the whole peice of denim insted of stitched on.... i love it...

i need macro on my cam to really show all the little details... its above sugarcane level as far as detailing goes, and construction is better

thereverend

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowtrooper
95d2c2f1.jpg

73f122eb.jpg

newbies here first time posting, so i started off with the cheaper denim,hopefully affordable to buy a pair of evisu one day, worn these wrangler for 2months, no wash,one soak
laugh.gif

How do these feel after 60 wears? I have a pair that are killing me! They are tight and stiff and dont stretch at all. Are they any better now?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads