• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Great first post.

To be honest, I think the 5EPs are the best fitting of the ones you've shown, but perhaps because I feel like they're giving you the least amount of wedgie.
laugh.gif

Hmm, I actually thought the exact opposite. I thought the first two pics were spot on; exactly PERFECT, and the last (5EP) were a bit too big.

But I guess this is why were are all different.

PS, the 5EPs look far from bad IMO, just not best.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beefcake
are you sure those aren't bootcut ola's?

lol yup, if the pic showed the full bottom 1/2 you'd probably see that they don't flare out, they are just tightening up around my knees...kinda like this guy, who has the exact type of fit I want. Sizing down was a must in my case.. even if I couldn't button the top button for a couple of days!

AnotherVictim

Reaction score
finally just got through this entire thread,
worship.gif
@ everyone's denim

anyways, ill try and get a pic of my kmw 1980's up soon since i didnt notice any going through the last 50ish pages
frown.gif

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jufros
crazy man there was no way I could have sized down to a 30 from 31 on my sjs. they're a little loose but they were tight as hell to begin with. hard to do with a zipper I'd think, no?

Lol for the first week the top 1/3 of the zipper wouldn't close, and buttoning it was painful! I tried to wear them a little lower on my hips than normal to help stretch them and they would rub my skin raw!

I'm glad I put up with that for a few days because it is worth it over the duration of the time I own them... now the top button is still tight but not too bad and the zipper actually zips all the way :)

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got these Nudie RR's from a SuFu member. I'm not usually a light-wash person but the price was right so I couldn't resist.
IMG_2067.jpg
Again, I sized down from a 32 to a 31 and I really like the fit - I don't think I would have liked them if I got a 32. They will go will with my chunkier sneakers that don't work with my other light-wash jeans, APC Cures (shown below) - too tapered for anything but chucks or vans.
apc3.jpg

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
everyone knows the color of these are impossible to capture correctly. but these do have some serious fading going on....just hot washed and dried them on hot in the dryer w/o any soap last week as they stretched an ungodly amount.

464290452_c229770319.jpg

464298531_9979d39f16.jpg

464298533_fa1a4c2d90.jpg

been wearing these off and on since around august or so. But most of my time is spent on the samurai contest jeans.

since everyone else was adding pics, figured i'd add my 2 cents. It hasn't been sunny in philly in a while, so these pics aren't exactly how the color is. But it's a decent representation of the front fading. also posted pics of my blacks in the other samurai thread. I'm more excited about that fade...you can also see the tanner belt getting darker.

464290370_5fb0d446be.jpg

464290432_ca169af077.jpg

464290412_70ac1af191.jpg

464290440_7555fbad08.jpg

x-posted like 10 times.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
**** poly, those are both looking awesome. The blacks are especially surprising.

yeah, i ******* love those jeans, but seriously they stretch like apc's. if people want a tight fit, size down 2, they stretch like a mother! I really want to start wearing my black samurai's full time, but that damn contest..they fade to white, not even grey. it's really interesting.

flsxik

Reaction score
update pics, wide range of lighting and **** for these pics....some outside with no flash, some inside with flash....blah blah blah pretty much 6 months [5.5-6] with 4 washes....one being a cold soak, two cold rinses and one full hot wash with a tumble dry
4gqm36g.jpg
3zspmx1.jpg
2cdtpfo.jpg
2v00aja.jpg
42i7w2t.jpg
2ng79tt.jpg
48ez4ly.jpg
49j6etx.jpg

west coast wonderboy

Reaction score
img3181qe3.jpg

img3183sv3.jpg

steady going since august, doing first handwash today w/ bronners... we'll see how it goes

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
OK, these are my great shame....but dammit i love em too much to toss em.

picture0040mb.jpg

picture0055xo.jpg

these mossimos have been on my legs consistently for about 6 years, washed a thousand times, worn right through the back from stepping on them too much...but what to do, they just so damn comfortable.

maybe ill buy some denim from the market, take it to my three dollar pants tailor and have a pair made identical to them

Do you still, have this jean ?

Eiy-Kyu

Reaction score
First pair of Canes (and the most expensive pair of jeans I've ever bought). Previously I was wearing Ecko/Rocawear/LRG/Artful Dodger; the Canes are a big step up for me (I got them yesterday). I need them to go with a suit jacket for a job interview this week, so I bought a prewashed pair and have already washed them twice. Letting them wear/distress would've been cool, but in my case I just needed something classy:
hcncanes1ty9.jpg
hcncanes2ht4.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads