• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are some hilarious posts in the Rolex thread. Bunch of ditz are trying to figure out which Rolex they can afford and which one will double in price next, while vomiting model and reference numbers in rapid succession. It is truly funny.

I quit the thread since they're being really poor folks. Should've just made a new thread called Poor Man's Rolex.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The LE variation:

Screenshot_2018-12-01-14-19-55-84.png

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw a Seiko Kinetic GMT at the airport that reminded me of the old legendary perpetual calendar GMT and of the more recent Alpinists. It wore its size well. Makes me wonder why Seiko stopped production of the Alpinists (not the green dials, the later generations), especially given their current resale value...

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw a Seiko Kinetic GMT at the airport that reminded me of the old legendary perpetual calendar GMT and of the more recent Alpinists. It wore its size well. Makes me wonder why Seiko stopped production of the Alpinists (not the green dials, the later generations), especially given their current resale value...

You never know what goes on into the planning of these Japanese products. Sometimes they just keep churning out stuff they think westerners like to buy and of course failed miserably. I appreciate the purity of doing everything in house including the designers but they should evolve for the sake of the sales.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Christopher Ward, really?
Limited 2,000 pieces. Wooden box.
I wish it was 38mm. Everything looks better when proportions are compact. Just like with many shoes, the same shoe looks great in size 40- 41 and waky in 44-45.

Wearing my poor man's perpetual calendar chronograph in 38mm. Just to think that the similar watch with one of those names would cost from 70K to 1,5 million is a good bit of laugh.

20181104_160751_HDR (1).jpg

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a beautiful watch. So, Watch Noob here. I haven't worn a watch in years, but mean to change that. Been 'watching' here because I'm poor and the posted watches here are beautiful.

I like the look of the Seikos, and they seem to have a pretty good reputation. So where does a Seiko buyer buy? Is Ebay safe, or are their phonies being sold there? Because I'm poor, price competitive sellers will get my business. TIA

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a beautiful watch. So, Watch Noob here. I haven't worn a watch in years, but mean to change that. Been 'watching' here because I'm poor and the posted watches here are beautiful.

I like the look of the Seikos, and they seem to have a pretty good reputation. So where does a Seiko buyer buy? Is Ebay safe, or are their phonies being sold there? Because I'm poor, price competitive sellers will get my business. TIA

Depends on the model. Sometimes Ebay can be the cheapest, at other times a dealer in Singapore, Seiya in Japan is also one to check prices with. Can't go wrong with Seiko for lower ends cuz you're not really buying a lower end watch per spec.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics