• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Miansai watches? I guess they make men's jewelry with a nautical theme (which I would never wear), but there doesn't seem to be a ton of info about the watches out there. Anyway, I noticed Barneys had this one on sale for $289 and I thought it was kind of interesting as a PMW at that price. 38mm, automatic Japanese movement (Miyota?), very unobtrusive 3 o'clock date, etc.

http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/product/miansai-m3-watch-504746889.html

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inbound.

This is a watch that I owned back in the day (well not the exact one) and one that I have kind of missed since letting it go.

It's the Longines W.W.W. "Greenlander" 1945 Reissue - LE of 1000 pieces. This was from before Longines became fully immersed in vintage re-issue pieces, marketing them as "Heritage" models. Even when new, this model seemed to never be around much. Don't know if those 1000 watches were just widely dispersed or if the model simply never caught on. I could understand the latter, as it's kind of "small" ( I would say quite rationally sized) at 38.5mm for a sporty watch, and the white on black all business dial doesn't scream dress watch. Whatevs, I freaking love it and I'm looking forward to having one again.

Some random web pics.

orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ very interesting look @RogerP , please do post pictures when you receive this beauty! Longines in a brand I've never really followed and each time I see a model I like from them, I always wonder why!

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I have celebrated Jazzy's return to health from his mysterious illness, by ordering a PMW: a large obnoxious dive watch with a blue dial, that is not anything mentioned above. Incoming!

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mimo I had a mysterious heart murmur discovered at childhood. It took years to diagnose. Turns out I was born with a defective valve. It did not affect my activity much in my youth (it did keep me from being drafted for the Vietnam war). The doctors did warn me that it would get worse with time and would have to be dealt with. In the last two years I started feeling symptoms, tight chest from mild exercise, near fainting episodes (not good when you're driving). I finally came to my senses and went back to the cardiologist after 15 years. They did a slew of tests and determined the aortic valve had to be replaced. The timing was right, I was miserable at my job but had good insurance. I had the surgery done at Stanford University by one of the best cardiac surgeons in the country. They did a first class job. Turns out my valve was very uniquely malformed. Doctor had never seen anything like it. The incision has healed fully. I need another month or so to get back to full strength. I'll worry about a new job later. I am a year away from retirement age. Might have to start selling off my shoe collection (my wife would love it
facepalm.gif
) but not my watches!
I had a follow up with my doctor yesterday so I strapped on this watch. Same black and white motif as @RogerP but a different style. Great minds think alike!

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Wow! And all this time I pictured a slick young Asian/Latino hybrid aged about 29. You are one cool bendy-hearted dude.

Glad it went well, that must have been pretty sobering. Good health!

My incoming is now suspended, in other news: seller's fulfilment service seems not to like my forwarding service ("this appears to be a drop-shipping request"), or something. Will find a solution!

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Cool watch btw - my Stowa Baumuster has just moved to my son's wrist, but I like your version!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I'm poor and only own an Omega, I figure I better have the right one! I have the opportunity to trade my SMP for a PO. If I do this I'd need to add some money (don't know about 1K) to sweeten the deal. What do you think of these two beasts? Right now I have the Seamaster Pro:
2123041200100220.png
I could have the Planet Ocean instead (would need to add 1K):
2201510020.png
Which would you recommend? (For the watch snobs, they're both the same co-axial movement, although the PO is 42mm and the SMP 41mm.) My attire is fancy, slim fit dress shirts and pants. I wear a suit every few weeks but not every day. I'm early thirties going on 17, and on weekends am more likely to be found wearing a nice polo and diesel jeans. Thanks in advance my esteemed SF members!
The Seamaster is more of a Rolex Submariner copy (although I think the SM was actually introduced first). Everything Omega does with it seems to be aimed at supplanting the Sub. The SMP has a unique cachet that no one else can really compete with. That said, I have a Sub and get lots of use out of it due to versatility. Dress, pool, diving, etc. No need to worry about changing watches. Not sure how well the SMP does in the water. Depending on lifestyle a rugged dive watch might be better suited to your needs.

Also, nothing above is considered a poor man's watch!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads