• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently found this Perfex Airvac 400 at a local antique store for $5. It was in a box marked "parts" and it seemed to work after I moved it around a bit, so I assumed that it is an automatic wind. Quick research tells me that it was made by Jaquet Girard, probably in the 1960s. I carried it around in my pocket for a couple of days, and it seems to be keeping pretty accurate time. I'm looking for a band now.

20210215_112425.jpg

20210215_112441.jpg

The crystal is cracked and the gold-filled case is looking a bit worn, but I figure that it will do. For now.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently found this Perfex Airvac 400 at a local antique store for $5. It was in a box marked "parts" and it seemed to work after I moved it around a bit, so I assumed that it is an automatic wind. Quick research tells me that it was made by Jaquet Girard, probably in the 1960s. I carried it around in my pocket for a couple of days, and it seems to be keeping pretty accurate time. I'm looking for a band now.

View attachment 1556021

View attachment 1556022

The crystal is cracked and the gold-filled case is looking a bit worn, but I figure that it will do. For now.

There are a ton of these time only watches out there. Some manual wind, some automatic. If you are not bound by brand, you can find a ton of these types of watches. Personally, I like a good field watch, something like a Hamilton or Benrus from the 60's-80's. They can be had for 200$-500$.

Also, my company, which is mainly me, makes watch straps. Link is in my signature.

-DL

sarteaga

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen, I have taken a dive into this thread the past week and am working myself backwards to page 1. In the past week I have as a result rediscovered my collection of watches; 10, in which only 1 I've bought myself. Nothing major and nothing ridiculously expensive; I think the most being a gift which was probably in the $150 range. Additionally, I ordered batteries and a kit and thanks to this thread changed about 8 batteries saving myself about $120. Any how here are two that I "re-discovered".

Both are Kenneth Cole and Quartz. Like I said nothing major. My one question for those with smart-watches do you rotate?

2nd watch my daughter insisted on wearing it.
IMG_5367.jpg
IMG_5368.jpg

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received an email with new Audaz offerings from Serious Watches. Could not resist this beautiful baby blue dial, it's already sold out. Serious Watches is a first class watch shop from the Netherlands. I have bought a few watches from them, always 3-day free shipping. Incredible packaging, you go through 5 layers of padding until you get to the final gift wrapped box. Can't say enough good things about them.
20210219_135521.jpg

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have wanted to try a bronze watch for a while. I finally picked up this Aragon Hercules yesterday and gave it a little patina to start.
View attachment 1510402
I've been chasing a Tudor Black Bay Bronze Blue Bucherer (BBBBB) since it debuted in 2018. I finally landed a NIB piece in December. It's destined to be a gift for my son when he graduates from university later this year (blue/gold school colors!)
For those unfamiliar, Tudor (and other top watch manufacturers) produced special edition watches to commemorate Bucherer's (a huge watch retailer in Switzerland) 130-year anniversary. The catch was - you had to buy the watch in-person at one of their 16 retail stores in Europe. No on-line, email or phone sales!
Screenshot_20210220-032329_Chrome.jpg
Anywho, that purchase and posts like @mreams99 above gave me the itch to add a bronze watch to my collection. And that itch became a full-on rash! My latest addition arrived Thursday.
20210219_174707.jpg

20210219_185642.jpg

I think I'm cured, but may be too soon to say.

More on each watch as I put some wrist-miles on them.

Irish95

Reaction score
I received an email with new Audaz offerings from Serious Watches. Could not resist this beautiful baby blue dial, it's already sold out. Serious Watches is a first class watch shop from the Netherlands. I have bought a few watches from them, always 3-day free shipping. Incredible packaging, you go through 5 layers of padding until you get to the final gift wrapped box. Can't say enough good things about them. View attachment 1558758
Jazz, don’t you own a Deep Blue with a similar colored dial? I’ve looked for that color/model for awhile, but I think this new one you have will do just fine. Good looking watch. I’ve submitted my email to Serious to get on the list when it comes back in stock. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads