• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unlikely.
However, in for sale listings I was able to find sellers mention enamel dial as one of the selling features. So perhaps it is exactly the same face and body as mechanical version of this watch.
I love the size and case shape. Not so much the lightness. I like to feel the watch on my hand , makes me aware it is there and consequently I bang it less.

Last edited:

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know there are a million options, but any recommendations for a nice leather band for a vintage Omega? I'm thinking black, maybe a lizard even? Just looking for a few recommendations to narrow down the field. Thanks!

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know there are a million options, but any recommendations for a nice leather band for a vintage Omega? I'm thinking black, maybe a lizard even? Just looking for a few recommendations to narrow down the field. Thanks!

Let the pic does the talking. The brand doesn't even matter, this is style territory.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Er......a million options.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll help, rather than just snark:

Di-Modell "Teju Lizard".
The quality is excellent, very comfortable, durable, and the strap is not expensive for that quality. Check Holben's, FredaStraps, etc.

This is what it looks like on my 1958 Omega Seamaster, after several years of use:

I think the scale of the smaller, tighter, and more evenly dispersed lizard skin (as opposed to alligator, crocodile, ostrich, etc.) really looks very elegant and discreet on a smaller, thinner, vintage watch, and also much more luxurious than plain calf.

Last edited:

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually just search on Ebay for the straps, often find exactly what I am looking for. Not sure why searching for watchstrap requires an advise, unless you are Foo :foo:

and must spend 799.00 on the strap else it is not adequate..

Last edited:

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually just search on Ebay for the straps, often find exactly what I am looking for. Not sure why searching for watchstrap requires an advise, unless you are Foo :foo:

and must spend 799.00 on the strap else it is not adequate..

Because some people have very small wrists and there is too much excess leather after punching an additional hole. Also some are anal about details being SF and all so they want a faithful 1 hole.

Agreed on the irrelevance of the price.

WilYa

Reaction score
Because some people have very small wrists and there is too much excess leather after punching an additional hole. Also some are anal about details being SF and all so they want a faithful 1 hole.

Agreed on the irrelevance of the price.
Yes, the common 120mm is too long for me, 110 is much better.
I highly recommend https://www.watchgecko.com/
Excellent quality&service at reasonable price.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
@duff406

Panatime is a good reasonably priced source.

Having worn a small (35mm - small by modern tastes) vintage Omega a lot, I can recommend a couple of things:

- Get an untapered strap with buckle. It gives a smaller watch a bit more masculinity and presence.

- Thicker, textured leathera and hides, and/or contrast stitching also add some presence and feel fresher and younger.

- Black is nice for formal/business wear, but try browns, burgundies and blues to add a bit of versatility and character.

My favourite straps on the Omega in the pic were a thick grain leather in brown, and a brown alligator from Hirsch, both untapered (18/18).

I currently wear a similar '67 Zenith on a mid blue leather untapered strap with cream stitching.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9F785A54-C796-49C9-9819-E8E423BB431D.jpeg

At the helpful suggestion of @RogerP , @Vennessian , @Veremund and others, I opted for a black lizzard for my cir. 1962 model. Not the best pic but I coincidentally had it on when I saw your post so I snapped a quick pic with my phone. I’m pleased with the pairing. Thanks again for the help.

Note: I was specifically looking to dress it up with something in black.

Last edited:

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll help, rather than just snark:

Di-Modell "Teju Lizard".
The quality is excellent, very comfortable, durable, and the strap is not expensive for that quality. Check Holben's, FredaStraps, etc.

This is what it looks like on my 1958 Omega Seamaster, after several years of use:

I think the scale of the smaller, tighter, and more evenly dispersed lizard skin (as opposed to alligator, crocodile, ostrich, etc.) really looks very elegant and discreet on a smaller, thinner, vintage watch, and also much more luxurious than plain calf.

This kind of dials would look better with some gray shades. Either nubuck or suede.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1069823

At the helpful suggestion of @RogerP , @Vennessian , @Veremund and others, I opted for a black lizzard for my cir. 1962 model. Not the best pic but I coincidentally had it on when I saw your post so I snapped a quick pic with my phone. I’m pleased with the pairing. Thanks again for the help.

Note: I was specifically looking to dress it up with something in black.
I think that black suede with black leather edging would also dress that up nicely. The matte nap of the suede and the glossiness of the edging would really make the watch shine, while being both understated and eyecatching. Love those old Omegas, btw. They really are very good bargains.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads