• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poll: do you get your shirts monogrammed?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Ha. Sounds like the right time in the right place, right?
Very much.

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
It amazes me how people refuse to get it as its vain, like our "hobby" isn't.
plain.gif
I get mine on all my custom shirts, lower left front shirttail, all the way towards the bottom. I have some with my daughter's name apostrophe "s" some with my son's name apostophe "s" followed by the word "Dad". It always makes me smile when I see it.

I had always thought a monogram was tacky until I read this, which is a really nice and good thing (and tasteful as it is not publically visible).

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
A ponytail?

How painful is that?

Physically: not painful at all. Esthetically: er... no comment. With hindsight: very handy for a father of a daughter.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I get a monogram on all my bespoke shirts, on the left elbow.

I like the idea of 's dad - I toyed with the idea getting 4 small figures embroidered on my shirts on the tail, representing my wife and 3 kids, but haven't done it.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
As far as tackiness, to me it is what it is. I feel that even in the obviously seen spots on a shirt its so small and minute that you really need to be looking for it to notice. I think its more rude to carefully examine someone elses clothing than it is offensive to place a few small letters on a shirt.

nod[1].gif
nod[1].gif

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Hopes? For the price I paid for that shirt, she's wearing it to the ******* prom. Thats why I got it in pink.
laugh.gif

crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Guilty. (From the 80s.)

OumpJ.jpg

You really did have the look (and as you would you know, that is meant as a compliment)!

Originally Posted by lasbar
What was the Dutch equivalent of it?

Rotterdam's vice?

Not sure that we needed a local equivalent; that series was so immensely popular and cool, it was in a league of its own (at least in the low lands; I know many Americans who have never heard of it).

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter

I like the idea of 's dad - I toyed with the idea getting 4 small figures embroidered on my shirts on the tail, representing my wife and 3 kids, but haven't done it.

I like this idea; perhaps silly question: outside or inside of the elbow?

Night Owl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter

great idea

LxSuF.jpg

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Night Owl
great idea
LxSuF.jpg

Personally I don't like it, im still in college and single so maybe that has something to do with it. I dont think I would put stickers on my truck other than FD related, and I do that so PD knows. I thought about having it done, but this thread has made wonder. I do not care for logos much now, but all my polos are from PRL, any suggestions for u branded Pima cotton polos? So do any of you wealthy members have your initials on your towels and all that jazz? Errors brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Good thing you dont post your pictures on an internet forum.

Spoo: is that your new wrist wear? If so, perhaps you can post some close-ups in the watch Appreciation thread?
bigstar[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads