• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please recommend me a raw denim for $120 and less

John Stevenson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ww90
levi's

Which ones would you recommend for him? Most of the good quality levis are up there around the $200 range, aren't they?

He could maybe get some Capital E Skinners if he is into bootcut for under $100.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What can i get for a Sie 40" waist? Sorry to jack the thread. Does APC come in 38? Or should I go as low as 36"? I also think rescues would prob be better for me.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good Society is a cheap brand as well. found on revolveclothing.com and 30% off for 1st time customers.

proncis

Reaction score
I'll second Good Society, as I have a pair and like them a lot. They also do a natural indigo in selvedge, but I think it's for the straight fit.

Forkit

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for such helpful replies!! I just need to clarify something. I am NOT looking for the tight fit as in the picture I posted in my original post. Fit wise, I am looking for something like this:

p1010148gv9.jpg

p1010140rd0.jpg

p1010142bw5.jpg

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/images/...46e1eb2f65cc33

buttonman

Reaction score
:edit: couldn't see the tag on it, nevermind -___-

i think i should just stop posting in general

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 7 for all mankind
Cheap Monday perhaps? I've never owned a pair bu I hear they're pretty good for the price.

Sorry. Try again.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 7 for all mankind
Why?
1. Their cuts are too slim for the OP's taste.
2. Quality is much lower than, say, APC.

Mr. Potato

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Forkit
Thank you everyone for such helpful replies!! I just need to clarify something. I am NOT looking for the tight fit as in the picture I posted in my original post. Fit wise, I am looking for something like this:

For your budget, APC New Standards size down 2 would fit like the Iron Hearts. If you're willing to spend more, Studio D'Artisan SD-103. I got mine for $100 from this forum. So look around the marketplace often.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by John Stevenson
There are a lot of different brands within your price range. You've got Good Society, Esef, Academi, Naked & Famous, APC and a few of the Nudie models.

Based on what I've seen from Good Society, I haven't been all that impressed. Never seen them in person but from pictures, they look mediocre at best. I hear they are pretty hard to fade if thats what you are going for. Goes for about $90 a pair.

Academi, again, nothing I've seen from them has been all that great. Strange fits on the two different models they have released. They grey selvage didn't have a top button, only a clasp like on dress pants, which I wouldn't particularly care for. They have some new stuff in the work, which I think looks very promising. Goes for about $80 a pair.

Naked & Famous, just came out a few weeks ago. Mixed responses so far regarding how they fit, but the general consensus seems to be that they are of moderate quality. They have a few different cuts. Basic model starts at $120.

APC, tried and true. They tend to produce some amazing fades and they have a decent range of cuts. Very popular for good reason. They used to go for $140, but now I think they are $155.

Esef, another brand thats fairly new. I personally just bought a pair of their Ori model and I was pretty impressed with the quality for the price that I paid. No one really knows how they fade yet. Starts at $120 for the standard model.

Nudie, probably the most wide spread denim brand will probably not get much in the way of recommendations any more. I personally would only recommend the RRDS, but even at a discounted price, there are several better jeans available at the same costs.

Out of the brands I mentioned, I'd probably go for APC or Esef. If Naked & Famous didn't have the exposed selvage on the coin pocket, I'd include them too. In terms of fit and denim quality, I wasn't too impressed with the others.

For the Esef, if you want fit pics, just PM me or respond here and I'll post them up. I sized down a bit so they look pretty slim.

+ NS, and yes they're 155 and good society's don't look bad in person.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Evisus aren't slim from what I understand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads