• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please identify this sport coat

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was researching what kind of sport coat to get after a navy blazer and I came across a very useful thread on A Suitable Wardrobe here. In it, Will suggests getting a "not-too-flashy wool odd jacket with tan wool trousers, all in mid-weight cloth." He suggests something like in the picture here: Maybe it's just the quality of the picture but that combo looks really good. I don't actually need to know exactly what brand that coat is from, but could someone describe the color and pattern for me so I know what to look for? Also, any suggestions where I could get something like it ($500 and under) would be great. Thanks.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty run of the mill -- you can probably find a brown windowpane at every price point.

I agree that it is a versatile jacket. The model would look better with a dark navy tie though.

Montauk

Reaction score
That might be the most studiously boring ensemble I've ever seen. Each element in perfect soporific harmony. A sartorial lullaby.

I'd also like to note that that belt literally resembles the bones of a herring or other whitefish.

greyinla

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Looks like a taupe windowpane to me.

Yep. BB usually has a few similar SCs each year; you'll be looking for a tan or brown windowpane, deco, plaid, or check. Here's a similar look, on sale.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. That coat on BB does look pretty similar. Is "deco" supposed to mean "windowpane"?

Mudhiker

Reaction score
I don't care for the tie or the belt, but the jacket and shirt are nice. The jacket almost has a waxy look to it... anybody know what it might be? Surely not wool? I'm uncertain what the sleeves are doing though.

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liquidus

Maybe it's just the quality of the picture but that combo looks really good.

Its a basic brown/beige windowpane. it also looks good because the whole picture is one color, including the models face
rotflmao.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads