• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

please help for sizing for a short guy

nhanle

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

First of all, thank you everybody who stop by this thread. Let's make it straight forward. I'm a short guy, only 5ft3, but kinda muscular with 140 pound and 38 inches around the chest. As I don't live in the US or Canada, it's very difficult for me to buy some quality shirts and jackets online because if it doesn't fit me, too big on me, I can not return it to the US store because the shopping rate is costy and long time to return to the store in the US.

So when I checked at some online store like Hugoboss,Gap,kenneth cole, Ralph Lauren.. etc. my size is perfectly fit size Small. But what confuses me the most is that the model in those photos are more than 6ft and only wear size M. That makes me think size S is would be too big for me. So If anyone who have the same build with me and has experience buy clothes from those brands please give me some advice.

Because this is my first time here, so I don't know whether this post is approriate in this forum or not, please forgive me if I posted in a wrong one.

Thank you so much.

DMloop

Reaction score
A 38" chest would generally translates to a US S, though there's others to account for such as your shoulder width. I have a feeling most items will be too long for your stature, thus a tailor would be your best option.

No offense at all but have you considered boys sizing? I have a relative that is about your size who's been successful with the boys selections of said stores.

nhanle

Reaction score
A 38" chest would generally translates to a US S, though there's others to account for such as your shoulder width. I have a feeling most items will be too long for your stature, thus a tailor would be your best option.

No offense at all but have you considered boys sizing? I have a relative that is about your size who's been successful with the boys selections of said stores.
I have checked boys sizing but the xxl of boy section will be like this:

weight : 97-130 pounds (im 141).
chest 30-31 (im 38)

so would the xxl of boy will be ok for me?

Simone1

Reaction score
I think your very best bet is to get shirts/jackets made to measure. Otherwise it's just not possible to get the right proportions, none of the sizes in fashion brands (like Hugo Boss you mentioned) will carry something you'd be capable of wearing. A 46 in a suit, mostly often will be 72 cm long in the back length, so that will be odd looking (because its not balanced)

We all have things to deal with, and in this case its your measurements - you are just simply forced to shop differently than many others, but you can make it work, if you really want to!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads