• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please critique my OTR suit

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't anyone going to comment on the zero trouser break.

osc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by XeF4
Can I fix the problem if I shorten the vent?

The general consensus is the suit is too short/small for you. Even if you shortened the vent, the side view will look quite unappetizing as the back of the jacket will skirt/flare out significantly.

eponymous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by osc
The general consensus is the suit is too short/small for you. Even if you shortened the vent, the side view will look quite unappetizing as the back of the jacket will skirt/flare out significantly.

+1

It is too small for you. Any attempt to fix it will just be a further waste of money. You should return it if you can and move on.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If you can't return it... then i'd eithe wear it as a suit casually or seperatly with the pants and a shirt, and the jacket as a sportscoat with jeans (maybe make it more casual with a colorful PS, different buttons, etc)
and unbuttoned in general for best fit.

It's maneagable, but noticably off... go skinny tie, open neck shirt, etc. Make it a trendy sort of look, not a serious to-the-office look.

ykurtz

Reaction score
With the effect you're going for you may want to try spandex, not linen. But seriously, I'm glad you were willing to let others say something about this before you're seen in polite public wearing that. I concur with the rest of the readers and recommend that you get at least a size larger if not 2. It's easier to tweak large->small than the other way around. Even Michelangelo couldn't sculpt his David from a piece of marble the size of a bowling ball.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads