• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peacoat Fit Advice Please?

Jayzee18

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have recently purchased a new peacoat and I would really appreciate your advice regarding the fit please?

And I would be very grateful on your feedback regarding the fit and length.

Thank you all
Jay
Peacoat Front.jpg

Peacoat Side.jpg

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit is fine in the body - sleeves are a bit long but would be expensive to shorten

whipcord

Reaction score
I like the color. The length and fit of the coat are good. Sleeves are a tad long, but as mentioned could be a bit pricey to shorten due to the buttons, adjusters and details. It also looks like your left arm may be a bit shorter, which is not uncommon, as the left sleeve appears longer.

yabeshphotography

Reaction score
Happy New Year to you too!

Regarding your peacoats, it does seem like you may have shortened them a bit too much if the edge of your trouser pockets is protruding from the bottom of the coat. However, it's difficult to say for sure without seeing the coats before and after they were shortened.

In terms of fit, the coats appear to fit well in the shoulders and chest area. However, it's worth noting that the length of the coats does affect the overall proportion and balance of the outfit. If you prefer a shorter length for your coats, you could consider wearing trousers with smaller pockets or using pocket squares to minimize the visibility of the pockets.

Overall, the decision of whether or not the coats are too short is ultimately up to personal preference. If you feel comfortable and confident in them, then that's what matters most.

I hope this advice helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads