• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paypal Help Please

RQC2700

Reaction score
I am trying to send some money to pay for an item in the buy/sell forum using paypal. I have created an account and put in my Amex information. However, when I enter the seller email in the send funds category it says, "To send money, you need to link your bank account to your PayPal account- it's fast and easy. Plus, you'll be 100% protected against unauthorized purchases sent from your account." I really do not want to link my bank account to PayPal, I would rather just use my credit card. Any help would e greatly appreciated.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paypal does require you to link a bank account. It's one of the reasons that Paypal sucks.

Google checkout you can pay directly throu credit card.

RQC2700

Reaction score
Can you use google checkout to send money to other people or just businesses? I am trying to send money to another member for something I wanted to purchase from the buy/sell forum here.

whusurdadi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started getting that error too when I try to send large payments ~$500+
Not sure why - that's why everyone hates paypal around here!
Too much BS wading to get the payment sent!

whusurdadi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RQC2700
Can you use google checkout to send money to other people or just businesses? I am trying to send money to another member for something I wanted to purchase from the buy/sell forum here.

Have them send you an invoice and then use the link to pay them.

RQC2700

Reaction score
I am only trying to send $70. Could you elaborate on the invoice thing? HOw would they do this?

whusurdadi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am only trying to send $70. Could you elaborate on the invoice thing? HOw would they do this?

give them your email address, they go to Tools in their GC account, click 'send invoice' and put in your email and the amount they want, and click send, you get an email with a link to pay them.

RQC2700

Reaction score
I will try that. I still find it very odd that PayPal will not let me use my credit card. Will it let other people? I have always heard that PayPal is infinitely frustrating.

RQC2700

Reaction score
I have linked to a bank account. It still says credit card is not an option for funding this transfer.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have linked to a bank account. It still says credit card is not an option for funding this transfer.
Call the actual paypal customer service number tomorrow when they're open and handle them. Good luck.

Leon

junthin

Reaction score
If you linked the bank account, did you ask it for immediate verification (they need your online access credentials for the bank's website) or a deposit verification (they deposit 2 small amounts a few pennies, then you verify the deposit amounts)?

If you verified immediately, you should be able to pay with your Credit Card, but it is usually defaulted to the "backup payment" option and your bank is the primary. When sending the payment, make sure to change the payment source from bank to credit card.

If you asked it to do the slow bank verification process, you'll have to wait till your account gets the small deposits.
wink.gif

Or you can always call customer service during business hours. Good luck.
smile.gif

RQC2700

Reaction score
Well I may have just had the most absurd telephone conversation of my life with PayPal. Basically, they have some "security model" that blocks some transactions and not others based on other PayPal member experiences. The employess that you get over the phone have no access to know why this "model" would block any particular transaction. They cannot overide it, they cannot tell you what steps to take to be able to fund the transaction the way you would want. I was trying to fund a transaction between one premier member (myself) and another premier member (from this board) and yet it would not allow me to use my credit card. I then tried another premier member and a different dollar amount with the same result. The PayPal employee hypothosizes that these just must be some sort of "exceptions" to the general rule that you can use your credit card to fund transactions. However, after trying to send to two different members and three different dollar amounts it seem more like the rule rather the "exception." The PayPal employee agree that this does seem to be the case andsaid there was really nothing he or I could do to make the transactions work with my choice of funding.

This has been my first experience with PayPal and it is not only frustrating but just plain ridiculous. I am absolutely flabbergasted at how the two employees I spoke to were unable to be of any help, or provide any insight as to what is going on, or what steps I could take to remedy the situation.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
you'll find out that paypal customer service people dont know anything at all. they just pick them up off the streets.

let me tell you, ive been through alot with them to know result whatsoever each time.

each time you call, ask them the same question and each person will tell you a different response to something. it is stupid.

whusurdadi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Basically, if you pay with a credit card, paypal charges a fee and has to pay it to the CC company for using the card. If you use your bank account, they charge a fee and pocket it. Therefore, they ALWAYS try to default payments to your bank account - more money in their pocket.
Thier "safety model" is a bunch of BS...
I would stay clear of putting my bank info in paypal's lap - who knows what they'll do with it - with AMEX, at least they'll have to put up a fight to get my money!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads