• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

paul smith suits ?

bigant2984

Reaction score
looking at the Paul smith website, i see some very nice suits, has anyone here ever purchased one ? , they average about 1500, is it worth it ? i see other major brands such as burberry for about the same amount

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Id have to say no. Crazy overpriced here in the States for what is a rather mediocre product in the U.K.

Sir Paul is a great guy and a savvy retailer and designer but I think the brand is too big now, there still some good lines going but everything I see in the U.S I don't like.

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a great Paul Smith made in Italy multi-color pinstripe suit at NM Last Call a couple of years ago. Just a bit of tailoring and it fits perfect.

Retail was about $1,500, with the discounts, clearance, NM credit card, etc. it came in about $400 -- a steal. It gets more complements than any other suit I own. The deep purple lining and candy-cane piping are a nice touch. Great fabric and construction. I would not, however, pay any thing close to retail.

Twotone

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are fashionable, take it if you like it

But don't expect fully canvass and great details

LS7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick reply before I set off for the Lot 78 sample sale :D

Mainline suits and jackets are very nicely constructed, but wouldn't get a lot of love in MC due to some of the styling details. For example the fifth sleeve button being a different colour :embar:
Not sure why he does that, but I think it's a nice touch. They're too stylised for business wear IMO.

Zaza

Reaction score
The only thing I buy from Paul Smith is socks. a bold statement. Other than that, not worth it to me.
$1,500 for a suit? I don't want to say something mean.. I'll just shut my mouth

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone gave me a Paul Smith wallet last year, it was a knock-off though. Passed it onto someone else in the end. Never had anything else from Sir Paul. Oh yeh there's a peasant in the village who has a Paul Smith London shirt, he scavenges rubbish bins for a living.

Last edited:

brokentelephone

Reaction score
I have a mainline suit which I picked up at the Paul Smith Sale Shop off Bond Street -- I paid about £350ish. I'd say its one of my least favorite suits I own on account of the cheap fabric, poor fit and general construction. The shoulders are very bulky, the lining has torn twice, and it just feels and looks a bit drab.

Granted, even at full-retail it isn't hellishly expensive, but for £700-900 I'd say it falls short compared with what else is on offer. A Richard James RTW suit is similarly fashion oriented and uses far better components at a similar price-point.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is a very average UK brand. Smith has some abilities it must be said but his mass market products are namely that and way over priced.

Slippybee

Reaction score

I have a mainline suit which I picked up at the Paul Smith Sale Shop off Bond Street -- I paid about £350ish. I'd say its one of my least favorite suits I own on account of the cheap fabric, poor fit and general construction. The shoulders are very bulky, the lining has torn twice, and it just feels and looks a bit drab.
Granted, even at full-retail it isn't hellishly expensive, but for £700-900 I'd say it falls short compared with what else is on offer. A Richard James RTW suit is similarly fashion oriented and uses far better components at a similar price-point.

Agreed. I have one of his suits, cut very slim, the fabric feels of cheap quality (almost like a man-made fibre to the touch).

Great Marketeer and I'm sure he's very good company on a night out but I wouldn't pay anything like the asking price for his stuff.

ismelllikepoop

Reaction score

if you felt that way about the suit, why would you even buy it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads