• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pants pucker in the front, by the zipper…wtf?

mc25

Reaction score
Hey all. This is a question ive had for a while. All my pants, shorts, jeans, etc, all pucker in the front (horizontal bunch, around the zipper) when I sit down. Even pulling down around my knees doesnt fix it. I am not sure what causes this, I am thinking the position of my hips or something?

Any ideas, or anyone else have this problem?

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mc25

Reaction score
Hahaha…love larry david. That is exactly what happens, maybe not that exaggerated…"5 inch" lol. So whats the deal, is that common???? And its only when sitting.

ma1

Reaction score
button fly on medium and high rise.. only use zippers on low rise stuff and it wont happen

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ma1
button fly on medium and high rise.. only use zippers on low rise stuff and it wont happen
That's sound advice, but he also has the problem with other stuff a button-fly isn't available on:
Originally Posted by mc25
All my pants, shorts, jeans, etc, all pucker in the front (horizontal bunch, around the zipper) when I sit down. Any ideas, or anyone else have this problem?
My suggestion is to avoid pleats and search for better fitting pants.

that_was_easy

Reaction score
I've been wondering (again) about this recently also.

This happens even with my button fly pants also, which are, addmittedly, mostly jeans. What aspect of the cut or mis-fitting pants causes this? Wearing pants with a better fitting rise should get rid of this, no?

mc25

Reaction score
I was also thinking its the fit, but I dont wear super tight jeans, and even my loose cords do it as well. I have a pair of button fly low rise, and zipper low rise and they do it too…. So im thinking its my shape, or the cut im thats the problem. Maybe I should talk to a tailor?

ma1

Reaction score
its possible that you wear your pants on the wrong part of your waist for the cut (too high or too low) and/or the waist is missized for where it is supposed to sit

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ma1
its possible that you wear your pants on the wrong part of your waist for the cut (too high or too low) and/or the waist is missized for where it is supposed to sit

That would be my thought. Toying around, I was able to replicate the OP's problem by wearing my pants lower then they should be. If they're meant to sit on your waist and you're wearing them on your hips, there will be a bunch of excess fabric that's going to bunch up.

It's a common mistake for guys to make, but wearing jeans meant to sit on your waist on your hips will make even the priciest denim look like crap. And you'll tear the crotch the first time you have to break into a run.

mc25

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
That would be my thought. Toying around, I was able to replicate the OP's problem by wearing my pants lower then they should be. If they're meant to sit on your waist and you're wearing them on your hips, there will be a bunch of excess fabric that's going to bunch up.

It's a common mistake for guys to make, but wearing jeans meant to sit on your waist on your hips will make even the priciest denim look like crap. And you'll tear the crotch the first time you have to break into a run.

Im almost positive my main jeans are low rise (meant to wear on hips) and do it. However, i will take your advice and toy around with it and see what happens. I know my other jeans, and pants for that matter, sit regularly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads