• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinion on this jil sander jacket

Reaction score
I've received this Jil Sander jacket from Yoox today and would like to hear opinions from members here. I usually don't care about what others say as long as I like it, but the thing with this jacket is that I like it but I am not sure if it's worth the price (close to $170). It looks nice and fits well but it just doesn't seem particularly special- I know Jil Sander is a minimalist design house, but it just looks too much like something from J. Crew. What do you think?
zbs519402.jpg
I hope the image works and please let me know if it does not. Thanks.

Brian SD

Reaction score
It looks decent enough to me, but sometimes a really nice garment doesn't look that great unless you've seen it in real life paired with the right outfit.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
$170 - WOW.

I don't see the appeal at that price. To me, it would be more appealing at $40 or $50 from J. Crew, The Gap or Levi Strauss.

Sorry dude,

Bradford

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is the fit? I find that with most American mass market manufacturers like J. Crew and Gap, the fit is often awkward and bulky. There are some pretty nice cuts in the the Levi's Red line, but I find the rest of their stuff these days pretty hohum. A jean jacket at $170 is a little steep though.

VWpete

Reaction score
I think you'll like it...
I have a Jil Sander military cord jacket from 2001 I spent alot more than that on and I just wear it a TON- I don't feel bad spending that if I wear it alot. I think you'll find the fit very nice and you'll wear a jacket more often than a particular shirt.
Pete

Reaction score
Thanks for all for replying.

Generally my sentiment seems to be echoed; it's okay but too expensive for what it is. I purchased it rather impulsively one day because I suddenly realized I was wearing one of those black nylon/poly zip-up jackets from likes of Banana Republic and Kenneth Cole. Initially I wanted gray washed denim jackets from Helmut Lang but I couldn't find one in the shade of gray that I wanted on the internet. Also I wasn't sure if I could pull off the denim jacket-jeans combination. This jacket looks like a denim jacket but actually the fabric is not denim. Anyway I will need more time to think about...

There's one last question. The jacket is tagged size M and the tag is made of paper that's sewed onto the garment. This is my first Jil Sander so I may be wrong but isn't it rather unusual a jacket from an European designer brand is tagged M, rather than by chest size? Could this be from a diffusion line like Prada Sports? But then I've never heard of a Jil Sander diffusion line??

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I am sure you have heard before, the most expensive item in your closet is the thing you never wear.  So if you like this jacket and plan on wearing it often, the price becomes irrelevant.  I have a John Varvatos corduroy jeans jacket that was only slightly less expensive, but that I have worn sufficiently often since I bought it that I am satisfied it was a good buy.  (Alas that may change with my recent purchase of a Margiela painted denim jeans jacket -- at $60 I couldn't resist.)  If you have second thoughts, go to the Gap or J. Crew and compare for yourself.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I can't see the picture anymore of this jacket but I was looking at the Jil Sander S/S 2005 show and found this: http://www.vogue.co.uk/shows....019.jpg Is this the same jacket? I think it looks excellent. P.S. I live for Jil Sander and if you don't like it and need someone to take it off your hands... PM me.
smile.gif

color_reporter

Reaction score
I posted the original message as unappliedscience but now I have a different username (I've only changed my username and I voted 100% real in the poll
tounge.gif
). To answer your question, no it's not the jacket shown in the picture and I already returned it to Yoox.

Brian SD

Reaction score
P.S. I live for Jil Sander and if you don't like it and need someone to take it off your hands... PM me
What is your opinion on Jil Sander's leather articles?
Decent to say the least. I don't have a professional opinion on the matter by any means, but the styling is always impeccable. I wouldn't say it's the highest of quality though, but to be honest, quality is only the 3rd or 4th thing I consider, with styling and fit being first and second.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads