• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYC Ralph Lauren in store Returns

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do NYC RL stores take online returns that refund to credit card on the spot?

I don't like making in store returns that takes 12 working days to ship back to warehouse.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justsayno

I don't like making in store returns that takes 12 working days to ship back to warehouse.

They no longer accept online returns for credit on the spot, but they will wave the restocking fee and ship it for you.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know the outlet stores take online returns and refund in cash or credit cards on the spot.

sf_esq

Reaction score
Slighly off point, but last time I returned something at a PRL store that I paid cash for, they had to mail a check to me. It was only a couple of hundred dollars. If you paid cash, they should refund cash. Was annoyed to find out that I had to wait 2 weeks for a check. Silly. Moral of the story - only use a credit card at PRL stores.

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just went through this issue this past weekend at the Mansion. They no longer give you a refund on your credit card right away. They go through a laborious bit of paper work and it takes two to three weeks for processing (so I was told). They changed the system so that the Mansion would not be stuck with the returned items on its books, as opposed to polo.com's.

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
same thing happened to me when I returned a pair of pants at the Soho store but I never received the refund until I called a month later. When I called, the return center had no record of the return because the Polo store in Soho never sent the pants back or submitted the internal paperwork. Luckily I had the return papers and the manager's name to reference on the phone. The person I spoke with was nice about it and gave me a refund without any hassle.

tacobender

Reaction score
I was shocked to hear if you paid in cash, you were not refunded in cash. Typically you are owed the money in the manner you paid with, exception being large purchases. If you paid 4500 cash for a purple lable suit at a smaller market store, they might not keep that much cash on hand in the store (very few people paying with cash these days, their daily deposits must be small). They would have to mail you a check.

I can't get over when customers pay me with a check, and demand that I give them cash back. Doesn't work like that, we are not a bank.

sf_esq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tacobender
I was shocked to hear if you paid in cash, you were not refunded in cash. Typically you are owed the money in the manner you paid with, exception being large purchases. If you paid 4500 cash for a purple lable suit at a smaller market store, they might not keep that much cash on hand in the store (very few people paying with cash these days, their daily deposits must be small). They would have to mail you a check.

I can't get over when customers pay me with a check, and demand that I give them cash back. Doesn't work like that, we are not a bank.

Agreed. It was $200. Ridiculous.

kdv10

Reaction score

Do NYC RL stores take online returns that refund to credit card on the spot? I don't like making in store returns that takes 12 working days to ship back to warehouse.
They no longer accept online returns for credit on the spot, but they will wave the restocking fee and ship it for you.
I noticed this today at their Northern California store. They will not take your online order and credit your credit card on the spot like they did for the last 10 years! I looked at the back of my receipt, and the receipt says, they would gladly exchange/refund your purchase if not satisfied at their RL store or shipped back to them. I had them call the online customer service and the customer service said, they should take it back. But the manager of the store said he no longer takes returns and credit your account. He will ship it back to Polo.com, however. I was a little frustrated as I've shopped at this particular store for 10 years and have been ordering things online that the store doesn't carry. Plus the back of the receipt says you can return/exchange at any RL stores. So I ended up leaving the package for the store to send back and then called my credit card company to tell them to do a charge-back on the spot as RL was not honoring it's written return policy on the receipt that I got. I told Customer Service I was leaving the package with the store and was going to issue a charge back. She told me she felt that was the right thing to do since that was what the receipt stated on the back. I informed her, this new policy that some store will not credit the return item on the spot while other stores would is very confusing. The CS also told me she would bring up this matter with her superiors and try to get the return policy clarified for online customers. It looks like this new return policy took effect 6 months ago. However, some RL stores are still taking returns and issuing credits, so that is where it gets confusing. Plus on the back of your receipt, it says you can return it to a local RL store for exchange/refund. Just an FYI.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads