• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nordstrom sale advice

max2013

Reaction score
Is there anything besides the AE shoes that is particularly worth looking at during the Nordstrom sale this July? I was thinking shirts, sports jackets, trousers, ties, but I'm not sure if any quality brands go on sale.

Thanks!

mhdena

Reaction score
Yes lot of good stuff on sale

As AE. PA are not my taste you should go online and see for yourself or go to the store.

Last edited:

max2013

Reaction score
Any particular brands you recommend to look at? I never bought anything at Nordstrom besides shoes.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any particular brands you recommend to look at? I never bought anything at Nordstrom besides shoes.

The Nordstrom house brand items are a great deal. Made in USA ties for less than $20.

Tomboys

Reaction score
[/quote]
Is there anything besides the AE shoes that is particularly worth looking at during the Nordstrom sale this July? I was thinking shirts, sports jackets, trousers, ties, but I'm not sure if any quality brands go on sale.

Thanks!

I'm not sure how much the product mix varies at each location, but the local stores here stock Canali, Thomas Pink, Eton, Hickey Freeman, Zanella, Santoni, Ferragamo, 7 for all Mankind, Diesel, Hudson, J Brand and so on. There's sale items from all those brands. If you're using AE to define your level of quality, IMO, the offerings from these brands will either match or exceed that level. If your local store doesn't carry all of these brands, they're available on-line. Nordstrom has a very liberal return policy and they refund your money promptly on returns.

Also, I agree with the previous poster in that (some of) the Nordstrom brand of products can be very good. I purchased their non-iron trim fit dress shirts a year ago when I went back into the corporate world and I am extremely pleased with their fit, performance and overall value. IME, those shirts are pretty bulletproof (wash in cold, tumble dry low and a touch up with a warm iron). So far, no fraying, little--if any perceivable shrinkage and color loss, no puckering (of the collar and cuffs) and they still retain their overall "hand". Suffice to say, it's an "idiot-proof", low maintenance shirt that's sub $50. In my book, that's a terrific value.

With this new sale, I ended up with a suit, sport coat, some slacks (all by Canali), some dress shirts (Canali and Thomas Pink) and shoes (Santoni). If you use a Nordstrom credit card or Nordstrom ATM card, you got access to the sale back on July 10th. If not, you have to wait for the general sale that starts on July 19th. Based on what I saw today, I don't know how much product--size wise, is going to be available come the 19th. The store I was in was a mad-house.

FWIW, the suits and sport coats from Canali are the 13XXXX models. So, they are a drop 7. The suits are all wool and the SCs are silk and wool. The patterns tend to be on the conservative side--typical "safe" choices by department store buyers, but the fabrics are beautiful. Also, the Canali dress shirts have been tweaked. The collar and cuffs aren't as rigid as the prior season's and the shoulders and body are slightly narrower. For me, the overall fit is cleaner.

I don't buy Hickey Freeman (suits) because I've always felt the shoulder/chest treatment is too "boxy". I liked the rest of the suit, but the shoulder/chest treatment seemed incongruent with the rest of the suit. So, I've always stayed away from them. While that model is still available, Nordstrom brought in Hickey's "B Series" suits/SCs--included in the sale, which have a softer shoulder and a more fitted chest area. IMO, this silhouette is much more balanced and appealing.

Lastly, I signed up for the Nordstrom ATM card because it gave me early access to the sale and they gave me $100 to apply towards alterations. Because my coats had unfinished cuffs, I opted for functioning buttonholes. The fee is $64 cost per coat. So, with the credit, my net cost was only $28 to have this done.

Last edited:

theh00d

Reaction score
^ How much were the dress shirts?
Do you know if they'll have brook brothers dress shirt on sale? And, they also don't seem to have them in store (at least at mines) - only online

Tomboys

Reaction score

^ How much were the dress shirts?
Do you know if they'll have brook brothers dress shirt on sale? And, they also don't seem to have them in store (at least at mines) - only online

Canali: ~$167.00 to ~$176.00 Normally $250+
T Pink* ~$90.00 Normally $130

*Slim Fit Traveller: These are their wrinkle resistant line of shirts. I travel for work on occasion and these shirts perform as named.

Didn't see any BB shirts. But, then again, that's not a brand that I gravitate towards, so I may have missed them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads