• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Boots

NorthCoast

Reaction score
I am tempted to get some stock Hot Shots from Nick's. I like immediate gratification.

Also, people over on Reddit are claiming that Nick's is the source of the new service boot from New England Outerwear. As Nick's also seems to be looking to hire more people, my guess is they just have more business than they can handle, but don't want to admit it for fear things would then dry up too much for them. Another possibility, is that they keep on pushing single MTOs to the back of the line behind retailer orders and/or work boots for people in their region, who they would figure might be more important to keep happy than random SF fashionistas like me...
Would be nice if they would chime in.

andy b.

Reaction score
My order took almost 26 weeks (yes, a half year). There were some issues during the process, and in fact it was supposed to be even longer (5-6 weeks more), but to put it bluntly, I was leaving the country, wanted the boots for the trip, and plainly stated so. The trip was the whole reason I ordered them. My impression is that Nicks expanded wildly in the past year and is experiencing a lot of growing pains. There are ways to run a business that aren't the most efficient, and for a small business where the craftsman or woman making the boots can walk over to the order desk and see what he's supposed to build for the day, they will work. But if you now have double or triple the orders and need an efficient process to see to it that those orders get built, any shortcuts will show up and bite you **********. I get the feeling Nicks is going through this process. LOL

For the record, I have no stake in Nicks, and the boots I received are the heaviest-duty footwear I own. I plan to order from them again.

daveinsweethome

Reaction score
got my olive cxl in yesterday. came in before my other order which was two weeks earlier. they are just gorgeous and fit perfectly. I will post pictures when the horsehides arrive, it should be soon. I thought the stock Roberts were cool but these lace to toe are just magnificent.

DTberry

Reaction score
Just sent in my paper work to get fitted for a pair of nicks hotshot boots. They said the turn around time is 8-10 weeks right now. I hope that is correct. I am a landscaper, would you guys say the hotshot is a good boot for that? or would the ranger fit my needs better?

This will be my first set of Nicks!

andy b.

Reaction score

Just sent in my paper work to get fitted for a pair of nicks hotshot boots. They said the turn around time is 8-10 weeks right now. I hope that is correct. I am a landscaper, would you guys say the hotshot is a good boot for that? or would the ranger fit my needs better?

This will be my first set of Nicks!

I don't think you could go wrong with either one. I own a pair of custom lace to toe Hot Shots, so I have no direct experience with the two models you ask about, but I do own quite a few pairs of work boots.

Would you be getting the stock version? The 10" height of the Hot Shot will be noticeable over the 8" height of the Ranger. I'm not saying it matters, but some people don't like boots that come too far up the calf. I like the higher cut, so it doesn't bother me. Also the sole tread is completely different. The mini-lug sole will fill up with dirt or snow quicker and lose traction, but then again you won't be tracking a pound of mud in the house like you would with the full lug sole on the Hot Shot. :)

Lastly, the Hot Shot has a larger toe box. Even on the lace to toe version, the toe box is very roomy. Again, personally I like the roomier toe box. If I wear thick socks my toes still have room to move around.

ultrark2004

Reaction score
I don't want to slam Nicks but 8-10 weeks is fantasy land. Every one on this list is 16 plus weeks. I ordered mine mid Oct & was told a month ago it would be 3 more weeks, now on week 20 & still waiting. No special leather or order, black 6 in roberts

NorthCoast

Reaction score
I don't want to slam Nicks but 8-10 weeks is fantasy land. Every one on this list is 16 plus weeks. I ordered mine mid Oct & was told a month ago it would be 3 more weeks, now on week 20 & still waiting. No special leather or order, black 6 in roberts

5 months + for me and still no shipping notice.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

DTberry

Reaction score
I will be getting a 8" boot brown with the leather out. And I don't wear leather boots in the winter as I salt and the salt would ruin the boot. I wear Mucks in the winter!

Yea I've read most of this thread and have heard about the long wait. My question to you guys is the wait 16-20 weeks after they sent you the try on boot or are you including that time.

The wait will definitely suck! How ever if it's as good of a boot that Y'all say and I can finally get rid of these red wings I'll be happy when I get them!

Reaction score
When I paid for my order in late October, I did so in spite of the fact that some people had waited as long as 20 weeks to receive MTO boots from Nicks. Of course, I didn't really think that my order would take 20 weeks. I quietly hoped that I might even receive them by Christmas. I figured that the worst case scenario would be that I would receive them in 20 weeks - which just happened to be about the time of my birthday in March.

Now that my birthday has passed, I decided to estimate how long the most recent recipients have been waiting. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing a whole lot people who claim to have received MTO boots within the last month. A quick scan showed the following:

I noticed that Andy B's boots were delivered after 26 weeks
I estimate that daveinsweethome's olive cxl were delivered after 19-20 weeks
I acknowledge that daveinsweethome's other boot order is still pending at 21-22 weeks
I noticed that ultrark2004's order is still pending at 20 weeks
It estimate that NorthCoast is still pending at 26 weeks

I'd sure like to hear about any other folks who have received MTO boots from Nicks within the last month and when those boots were ordered.

daveinsweethome

Reaction score
23 weeks tomorrow sat. the cxl were worth the wait but the uncertainty on the horsehide which were ordered 2 1/2 weeks earlier is annoying now. I understand the problems but with delivery 3 pairs of nicks will suffice for me. Bakers is a phenomenal store and offers other solutions and I am into knives now. wish everyone the best in their arrivals.

daveinsweethome

Reaction score
ok, folks got my camera out. here are the olive cxl . pretty suckers. quite a stout pair. bit heavier than I thought. the leather is just amazing. I have a lot of horween cxl and this is the best of any pair I own in that regards. The throat is an inch higher than usual for me and presents no problem in walking. This shoe just "presents" itself as old military people would say. The nickle eyelets look great against the olive color. This is my first lace to toe and I am now sure all my boots will be similar just for ease of entry. I am an older guy with some arthritis and this boot has an open throat so it is quite simple to get into it. Hooray. Finally the Dogger Heel with the Quabaug Cap looks stunning on this shoe to me.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
Congrats man!

Enjoy them.

Carson

Reaction score
When I paid for my order in late October, I did so in spite of the fact that some people had waited as long as 20 weeks to receive MTO boots from Nicks. Of course, I didn't really think that my order would take 20 weeks. I quietly hoped that I might even receive them by Christmas. I figured that the worst case scenario would be that I would receive them in 20 weeks - which just happened to be about the time of my birthday in March.

Now that my birthday has passed, I decided to estimate how long the most recent recipients have been waiting. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing a whole lot people who claim to have received MTO boots within the last month. A quick scan showed the following:

I noticed that Andy B's boots were delivered after 26 weeks
I estimate that daveinsweethome's olive cxl were delivered after 19-20 weeks
I acknowledge that daveinsweethome's other boot order is still pending at 21-22 weeks
I noticed that ultrark2004's order is still pending at 20 weeks
It estimate that NorthCoast is still pending at 26 weeks

I'd sure like to hear about any other folks who have received MTO boots from Nicks within the last month and when those boots were ordered.

I have been thinking about jumping into Nicks as I have heard so many great things about them and love that olive CXL Roberts boot, but man, nearly a half year wait has got to be a killer. Makes the 8 weeks for my White's look like nothing. Guess you just have to order away and not even think about it….

andy b.

Reaction score
In Nicks defense, the Tan Teton leather I used isn't a common request, and I heard it is a special order for Nicks to get it in. I was in the queue and for whatever reason my order was overlooked until the next batch came in.

But yes, I did basically place the order figuring whenever I get them I get them.

I'm fairly patient with these things. I've waited months for jeans, and years for firearms. If you want custom items, you aren't going to get them tomorrow.

jfalbanese

Reaction score
hi. anyone know of the current turnaround time for custom builds as of March? 4 weeks in, and i know I have a long wait. just trying to get the current lay of the land.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads