• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Isaia Navy Rich Pinstripe Wool Suit

muelleran

Reaction score
Hi,

http://cgi.ebay.de/NEW-ISAIA-NAVY-RI...QQcmdZViewItem

I ve been looking at that suit for quite some time now, but I hesitated bying it because the fabric is 80% wool and 20% polyamide.

In addition in the label it sais "20%polliamid" and I find this spelling rather odd.

Honest goods is a reputable seller as I understand, so it is a genuine Isaia, I assume.

Would you Buy it?

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No.

muelleran

Reaction score
Thanks,

a short but very clear answer.
smile.gif

muelleran

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mussel
why not?

Synthetic fibers are not very popular here to say the least.

However, i's made by Isaia, it's relatively cheap, it's in my size, I like the color and the pinstripes..... and I have pretty much memorized the available bargains by now and nothing new came up in my size in the last two months.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by muelleran
Synthetic fibers are not very popular here to say the least.

However, i's made by Isaia, it's relatively cheap, it's in my size, I like the color and the pinstripes..... and I have pretty much memorized the available bargains by now and nothing new came up in my size in the last two months.

You find a wool/poly suit for $600 cheap ?

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

http://cgi.ebay.de/NEW-ISAIA-NAVY-RI...QQcmdZViewItem

I ve been looking at that suit for quite some time now, but I hesitated bying it because the fabric is 80% wool and 20% polyamide.

In addition in the label it sais "20%polliamid" and I find this spelling rather odd.

Honest goods is a reputable seller as I understand, so it is a genuine Isaia, I assume.

Would you Buy it?

Polymide is used in a fabrics from Isaia and RL Purple label for their
travel suits and night suits. It actually is a very comfortable fabric and wears very well. I haven't seen it at a 20% mixture, usually only 5% but Isaia fabrics are usually very good quality. I have a cotton blazer with 1% polymide from Isaia and it is amazingly comfortable in the summer months and hangs like wool.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Polyamide is really just a big word for nylon... http://www.mbhs.edu/departments/magn...0-pd2/sun.html Personally I wouldn't buy the suit because I follow a -- admittedly arbitrary -- rule of wearing only 100% natural fibers... but that's just me.
smile.gif
So 80% wool, 20% cashmere - yes, but 80% wool, 20% polyamide (C6H11NO).... no.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
the edge of the lapel looks like its puckered.
might need pressing, but then the rest of the jacket looks pressed.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eHaberdasher is legit man. To second what Stu said, no chance of a fake here. Provided Isaia fits you well, I'd buy it. I think we're a little too snooty about artificial fabrics here.

muelleran

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lakewolf
You find a wool/poly suit for $600 cheap ?

Info for you:

I did go to the place you mentioned a couple of times, Pal Zilery is there, I'd also like to look at a Pal Zilery Satoriale - in Zurich they don't haver any. Any luck in Geneva?

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Info for you:

I did go to the place you mentioned a couple of times, Pal Zilery is there, I'd also like to look at a Pal Zilery Satoriale - in Zurich they don't haver any. Any luck in Geneva?

Well in Geneva there are 4 shops, one is high end, two others are middle and one is closeouts. In the high end shop you can get Isaias, PZ sartoriale, PZ white, and plenty of versaces, valentinos, boss etc. at high prices ( around 700 for a suit now I imagine ) on the other shops you can get the PZ sartoriales and others that are on sale, lower prices less choice.

I went to the Zurich shop this saturday, they have the new summer collection ( cottons, linens, lightweight wools and silks) , still at high prices ( around CHF 450-550 for a canvased suit ), anyway the Zurich shop is quite small, and right now the prices are high as the collection just has been put out. I imagine for end of June or July we'd have them for the half of that if you find what you want at your size off course. I saw a nice white linen suit in EUR 50 and several others I'd like.

Anyway the best shops for bargains are in Geneva, the shop in Bern is not bad either is quite big and have good items.

I'll be going to Geneva and Bern to do my summer shopping in June-July

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regardless of fabric composition I don't find anything attractive about this suit. May be it is its presentation and photos, but it looks as exciting as anything from Men's Warehouse.

As far synthetic fibers are concern I would prefer them in my suits. Some synthetic fiber mixed with wool makes suit drape better, wrinkle less, repel stains and dust as well as prolong suit’s life.

Synthetic fibers came a long way from times of Kremplen and Polyester. A lot of synthetic fibers produced today perform better than natural fibers.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eek.gif
Sacrilège !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads