1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New Balance Running Shoes

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by nightowl6261a, Dec 1, 2004.

1. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Distinguished Member

Awesome running shoe - The NB 991 is a classic: comfort, looks, lightweight yet durable. Great all around, smart looking shoe, and MADE IN THE USA[​IMG] Plus, it's available in a wide size for feet like mine[​IMG] Call me, special price for Style Forum Members $99.95 + $10 S/H [​IMG] Call me, 770.427.2945

2. craig

craig Active Member

man... I just spent a bunch more than that at the New Balance store in Buckhead a few months ago. Oh well. I might talk my self into an extra pair though. How long is this offer good for, and can I make the purchase in store.

3. Renault78law

Renault78law Distinguished Member

Chris,
    Could you comment on the differences between the 991 and the 2001? I'm currently running in the 2001...they're a bit pricey and I'm thinking of switching.

4. chorse123

chorse123 Stylish Dinosaur

I used to wear these New Balances. I had two pairs which collectively lasted nearly 4 years. They're great shoes AND they're made in the US, so the high cost is justified by manufacturing costs and not just ridiculous advertising costs (cough, NIKE,cough). They're also very very comfortable, but if I recall, they seemed a bit heavy for running, which I didn't do.

5. nightowl6261a

2001:A Heritage style built with N-ergy V 2.0 system midsole technology and a full footbed of ABZORB SBS for the mild to moderate overpronator.      
     System Components & Benefit:  
     · Solid Rubber Outsole:   Provides long-wearing durability  
     · N-ergy S.C. System:   Provides superior durability, cushioning and stability in the heel.  
     · Abzorb SBS:   Provides exceptional shock absorption in the forefoot  
     · C-CAP Midsole:   Provides lightweight cushioning and flexibility  
     · Synthetic/Mesh Upper:   Provides lightweight comfort and support

991:A Heritage shoe featuring ABZORB cushioning and ENCAP built for the mild to moderate overpronator who requires a combination of cushioning and stability.  
    System Components & Benefit:  
     · Abzorb:   Provides maximum shock absorption in the heel and forefoot  
     · ENCAP Midsole in Heel:   Polyurethane Rim with C-CAP core provides stability while maintaining cushioning  
     · Blown Rubber Outsole:   Provides a lightweight cushioned ride  
     · C-CAP Forefoot:   Provides lightweight cushioning and flexibility  
     · Pigskin/Mesh Upper:   Provides natural comfort and support

The 991 has been consistently for 20 years the best selling running shoe NB has ever made and is still considered the pentacle in quality running gear.

This will be good until the end of the week, and no it has to be done on the phone with me, this is a style forum special only, even on my web site they are more.

6. chorse123

chorse123 Stylish Dinosaur

I think I can speak for us all in thanking you for the special. If only I was in the market for running shoes, I'd snap up a pair.

7. nightowl6261a

Well there is definitely one of our fellow members who will be running in style in about 6 days, good luck with your new runners, hope they are good to you.