• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Natural or Organic skin care?

Iconic

Reaction score
Anyone prefer to use natural or organic skin care products? What products are you using that you like and what's your skin type?

Shorty Long

Reaction score
slightly oily...I wash my face once a day w/ Desert Essence face wash...then Thayer's alcohol free toner and finish with Wild Sage lavender rose moisturizer

oliviathn

Reaction score
Natural or organic products for skin care does not allow the sale of skin care products all over the Internet. Consumers should be aware that the natural or organic products for skin care are offered for online purchase of third parties may be genuine. They do not guarantee safety or authenticity of products sold online through a third party vendor.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Iconic
Anyone prefer to use natural or organic skin care products? What products are you using that you like and what's your skin type?

Dont be a sissy. Use unnatural skincare products.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Iconic
Anyone prefer to use natural or organic skin care products?

I do because I prefer not to have potentially harmful chemicals being absorbed into the skin and ending up in the bloodstream.

Hugo Naturals, Badger balm, Aubrey organics, Thayers and John Masters Organic are some good ones.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was getting really dried out last winter (my building at work is like a desert).
On the avice of an article I read in the paper, I took a couple epsom salt baths and washed my face with olive oil and salt.
I found it to help a good deal.

Monaco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xanxin0
============ http://www...............org ==========

sells clothing,footwear,handbags,Sunglasses

Our products sell well in Europe and North America.
Our main product list is as follows:
1.Fashion Sports shoes:
Shox,Dunk,Jordan, Air max, Air force,Adidas, Puma,Prada,D&G, Chanel,
Gucci, Lacoste, LouisVuiton,Bape,Evisu,Timberland,ugg,boots,Burberry,
4us,Hogan,Dior,Greedy
Genius,Versace,Convers,Coach,Dsquared,Maurt,etc.
2.Fashion T-Shirt & Jeans & Jacket:
Bape,AF,AAF,BBC,Evsiu,Juicy,GGG,Burberry,ED-Hardy,Chanel,G-Star,Red
monkey,Christian
Audigie,sinful,lacoste,POLO,Armani,Smet,Baby,Levis,Justcavalli,Versace,True
Religion,Artful Dodger,Rock,Coogi,Crown Holder,RMC,etc.
3.Fashion Handbags:
LV , Prada , Chanel ,D&G, Fendi , EDhardy, Burberry , MIUMIU ,
Gucci ,Chloe , Juicy and Chole,Burse,etc.
4.others:brand watches(rolex,Longines...), belt(d&g, gucci, prada,
chanel, burberry.... ), hats, sunglasses etc.
we sincerely hope to establish the business relation with you.
Looking forward your visit.

Our Website http://www...............org

This thread really needed one of these ^

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
I do because I prefer not to have potentially harmful chemicals being absorbed into the skin and ending up in the bloodstream.

This is such a weird fear people have. Your skin is there precisely because it doesn't let anything get in. You can literally swim in raw sewage, and as long as you don't injest any, or have any cuts, you will be fine.

I can ask all day why they think their skin will absorb anything on it's surface, or why chemicals are bad, or why toxins are bad, or even what a "toxin" is in the first place. There are no answers. The sky is not falling. Stop being afraid of normal skincare products.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
This is such a weird fear people have. Your skin is there precisely because it doesn't let anything get in. You can literally swim in raw sewage, and as long as you don't injest any, or have any cuts, you will be fine.

I can ask all day why they think their skin will absorb anything on it's surface, or why chemicals are bad, or why toxins are bad, or even what a "toxin" is in the first place. There are no answers. The sky is not falling. Stop being afraid of normal skincare products.

Natural products are better for the environment. I play it safe, I see no reason to not buy natural products, they work fine.

Organic and caustic (alkaline) chemicals can soften the keratin cells in the skin and pass through this layer to the dermis, where they are able to enter the veins and hence the blood stream. Areas of the body such as the forearms, which may be particularly hairy, are most easily penetrated by chemicals since they can enter down the small duct containing the hair shaft. Chemicals can also enter through cuts, punctures or scrapes of the skin since these are breaks in the protective layer.

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs

?? Things can be absorbed into the body through the skin as it's a membrane that will allow some things in
and keep others out.

Here is a link that talks briefly about this.
http://www.cape.ca/children/derm2.html

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cb200
?? Things can be absorbed into the body through the skin as it's a membrane that will allow some things in
and keep others out.

Exactly, there are glands in the skin that are an access route to the bloodstream. The skin is only built to keep out certain sized matter, but when it comes to molecular sized chemicals, they can get in.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cb200
and keep others out.

I said absorb anything. I don't understand the link at all. We're talking about ingredients that have been used on human skin for 100s of years, or gone through stringent tests, not swimming in lake water with fecal bacteria. Do you people think vaccines cause the downs too?

I'll also ask anyone what natural means. It's not a regulated term.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads