• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Napoli su misura 16 March NYC

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Ah, I was thinking of MTO/bespoke only. That first trip, she had literally maybe ten RTW ties, all of them technically samples, but she would sell them if a customer really wanted one. She quoted me 160 for AM bespoke, and Cappelli started at E 120 for a lined 6-fold. True, the price went up for more bells and whistles, but a lined 6 is more than good enough for me (I would have settled for an ordinary 3-fold had she offered it) so I did not ask what you got for more money.

You should walk around with a cap that says "I am a Big Timer"
bigstar[1].gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
You should walk around with a cap that says "I am a Big Timer"
bigstar[1].gif

I just meant that her offerings seemed to be primarily bespoke, she did not bring a significant RTW stock; she expected people to order from the books, or so I assumed.

Those were actually the first MTO/bespoke ties I have ever gotten.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I just meant that her offerings seemed to be primarily bespoke, she did not bring a significant RTW stock; she expected people to order from the books, or so I assumed.

Those were actually the first MTO/bespoke ties I have ever gotten.

Hmm, we are either not talking about the same thing or something changed. I ordered from the AM book, I was told the pret a porter was the standard length x width, and you specified lining/unlined etc.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Hmm, we are either not talking about the same thing or something changed. I ordered from the AM book, I was told the pret a porter was the standard length x width, and you specified lining/unlined etc.

I could be misremembering, but I could swear she said 160 for AM. I know I paid 120 for my Cappellis.

This was the first trip, when I returned to get my ties, I did not ask about AM pricing. If I get more, I will just get more Cappellis.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Mina will be back in New York June 11, 12, and 13, for all who are interested. Same wares, but she will have linen, wool and cashmere swatches for Cappelli ties this time.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
What ties do I need?

I don't know. Search your feelings.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Mina will be back July 22-25, same address, same wares (Cappelli ties, Matuozzo shirts and ties, Volpe jackets, leather goods by Mina herself).

I will be picking up two Cappelli ties myself and likely ordering two more.
inlove.gif

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread definitely needs pictures.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chips
This thread definitely needs pictures.
manton posted photos of two ties that he picked up, over in the "soporific tie Appreciation" thread. I haven't searched the beginning o this thread and there may be some pictures in there. When I visited, I saw a bunch of Volpe-tailored sportcoats in various stages of completion, but I am not sure photos of them would be all that interesting. The question that would be useful to have answered is how tailored clothing made this way has turned out for the buyer. I don't know anyone who has even placed an order, so have no idea how to answer it or who could give a knowledgeable answer. I may try this route for shirts in the future, but have not as of yet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads