• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor Shirt : Please Critique

hiisociety

Reaction score
The pics are bad, and its impossible to shoot a back picture without causing a messed in the back. LOL. First shirt... how's the fit?

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Honestly, this looks really good for a first shirt. Sticklers might take issue with the cuff size and maybe a tiny excess of material in the sleeves. But by and large, it's a good fit for the first time out the gate.

May I ask if you've washed the shirt a couple of times, or if this is straight out of the box?

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shirt looks good. You should post picsa after a wash otr two. The only thing I see it might need is the sleeves slimmed up a bit. If this is your first try, you did a good job getting your measurements down.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Overall really good. Shoulders look a bit wide, and I think the cuffs are too long proportionately.

SlamMan

Reaction score
Looks pretty good. Arm holes look nice and high. The sleeves could be trimmed down a touch but any changes you make would be personal taste at this point.

My first shirts from MyTailor were my last. The fit was so uninspiring, they could have been purchased off the rack. If you're gonna have to chase down a fit you might as well go with Jantzen.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SlamMan
Looks pretty good. Arm holes look nice and high. The sleeves could be trimmed down a touch but any changes you make would be personal taste at this point.

My first shirts from MyTailor were my last. The fit was so uninspiring, they could have been purchased off the rack. If you're gonna have to chase down a fit you might as well go with Jantzen.

Were your shirts made from body measurements or measurements taken from a shirt? I think it's always worth pointing out which. I would hope that they could reliably produce a shirt which fits the shirt measurements given, but interpreting body measurements is a whole different thing.

Matt S

Reaction score
Does anyone else think the shirt looks a bit short? Unless you wear your trousers up at your waist, I don't think the shirt would stay tucked in all day.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt S
Does anyone else think the shirt looks a bit short? Unless you wear your trousers up at your waist, I don't think the shirt would stay tucked in all day.

It could possibly use 1/2" or so, but I think it is personal taste at that point. I think the shirt looks good. I think the cuffs look too long for my taste, I might even go a bit longer in the sleeves, but it might be a combination of the pictures and that I have a hard time finding shirts long enough in the sleeve.

laphroaig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
are you Foo's brother?
Don't be ridiculous! Do you see any Nivea products in that bathroom?! On a less important topic, I like the fit of that shirt.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SlamMan

Agreed. I might get my measurements tweaked but I hardly wear the one shirt I had made a year ago. Crap fabric and poor fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads