• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mystery Aldens....Need help identifying

PR05ECC0

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Have been a long time lurker on this site and appreciate all the great information here. This my first post so it's problem in the wrong section, I apologize in advance. Now to my question. I came across these really cool Alden wingtips the other day. I'm trying to figure out how old they are and what they are. I have searched all over the net and have found shoes that are close to these, but not exactly the same. The texture is different from the ones I have found and the pattern on the toe is slightly different. Does anyone have any information on these shoes and how much they would be worth.

Here are some pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/MWNJs

PR05ECC0

Reaction score
I tried but did but didn't really come up with anything. Only info I got was the Alden logo was trademarked in 1974.

PR05ECC0

Reaction score
Good info! That's the site I used to find out the date of the logo. I still can't find the exact model though. The texture of the leather and the design on the toe is different from any shoe I have found so far. I'm hoping someone on here will know.

PR05ECC0

Reaction score
Yep that looks that's it. Same design on the toe, same texture, thank you very much. You think mine are the original or the re-released version?

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yep that looks that's it.  Same design on the toe, same texture, thank you very much.  You think mine are the original or the re-released version?

Well that heel medallion is still used on some of their foot balance system models. The foot balance lasts are normally very obvious and yours looks like it is not on any of them. It's more likely that your Atoms are older, non-current versions.

PR05ECC0

Reaction score
Thank you for your information. I had a feeling they are older. The laces look pretty old but the rest of the shoe is in surprisingly good shape. Funny to think some guy had a pair of nice Aldens in his closet and never really wore them.

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you for your information.  I had a feeling they are older.  The laces look pretty old but the rest of the shoe is in surprisingly good shape.  Funny to think some guy had a pair of nice Aldens in his closet and never really wore them. 

They're nice shoes. I'd slap on a coat of reno.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingCaru